Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-04-2016, 08:28 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(25-04-2016 06:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  My flatmate is getting a ragdoll cat. These cats are fucking huge, like lager than a small dog huge. The kittens are the size of a normal cat.

I have always wanted a big cat. I would love to take a large predatory animal for a walk. Some of the cats available that you can own are huge.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
25-04-2016, 01:36 PM
Wildlife sightings. Yes

Yesterday, a big, healthy red fox went trotting across the back at 6AM while I was making coffee.

A couple of days ago, again while making coffee, I saw something moving out in the water. I got the binoculars and watched a river otter fishing.

While watching that, I saw that the turtles were out sunning.

[Image: Turtles1.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Chas's post
25-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Meet my bird Taz.
[Image: KIMG00481_zpszwsc6pao.jpg]He or she is going to be 16 years old in June. I have him living with my parents because my house just does not have room.
[+] 5 users Like Birdguy1979's post
25-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Been accepted into a program where I will be loaned a wildlife camera to place and maintain to track local wildlife.
[+] 9 users Like Clockwork's post
26-04-2016, 05:54 AM
(25-04-2016 02:59 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Been accepted into a program where I will be loaned a wildlife camera to place and maintain to track local wildlife.

Very nice. Where are you planning to place it?
26-04-2016, 04:11 PM
(26-04-2016 05:54 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 02:59 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Been accepted into a program where I will be loaned a wildlife camera to place and maintain to track local wildlife.

Very nice. Where are you planning to place it?

I live in an area that's where rural meets suburban. I mean forest, then less than half mile, apartments. If you find a map of North Carolina, it's where the Piedmont and Sandhills regions meet. I live maybe a half mile from forests. If I drive a couple more miles, huge forest. We have snakes, wild cats, various small lizards, various Cervidae (mostly deer, nothing even close to the huge Cervidae we had in Nova Scotia), coyotes, and so on.

My job would be to get the longitude & latitude of the spot I place the camera. That's easy because of GPS now. Then I get the SD card out, upload, etc. I make sure the settings are correct so there's a timestamp and the IR is on. I'm very happy. I thought I'd have to wait months. I think I was accepted faster because no one else in my area volunteered. The group is in Raleigh, and I'm just outside the Triangle itself.
27-04-2016, 02:10 AM
(25-04-2016 02:21 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Meet my bird Taz.
[Image: KIMG00481_zpszwsc6pao.jpg]He or she is going to be 16 years old in June. I have him living with my parents because my house just does not have room.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
27-04-2016, 02:41 AM
(22-04-2016 04:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Drink more Pepsi...or Mountain Dew...or Aquafina.

Nice to know that some companies will step up and offer some help. Thumbsup

Does Pepsi market any sparkling mineral water? I'll give it a shot -- and I'm not too picky, if it supports a company that does right by its employees.
27-04-2016, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2016 12:22 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I always swore I'd avoid Mountain Dew ... it's so bad if that's *all* your "nutrition" consists of, (and you wouldn't BELIEVE how many patients come in and say that's *what they eat* Facepalm .... but now I like it. Smile )

The Royal Society makes me smile ... they always have fun stuff. Can't wait for the movies about the Indian math dude.
https://royalsociety.org/events/
https://royalsociety.org/events/2016/04/...ramanujan/
This place has fun weekly updates : http://www.nature.com/nature/index.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-04-2016, 04:55 PM
What? Blush

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post