- "Hmmm. Oh well... carry on."

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
04-05-2016, 09:45 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Found out that I've dropped 15 pounds since my last doc visit, making a combined total of 30 so far. Big Grin

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Shai Hulud's post
04-05-2016, 03:57 PM
(04-05-2016 09:45 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Found out that I've dropped 15 pounds since my last doc visit, making a combined total of 30 so far. Big Grin

Congrats! Wish I had your motivation.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
04-05-2016, 07:03 PM
(04-05-2016 03:57 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Congrats! Wish I had your motivation.

Thanks! Though you probably don't; my motivation is being relatively young and diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure at the same time. A lot of it was cutting portion sizes and soda/pop.

04-05-2016, 07:22 PM
(04-05-2016 07:03 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 03:57 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Congrats! Wish I had your motivation.

Thanks! Though you probably don't; my motivation is being relatively young and diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure at the same time. A lot of it was cutting portion sizes and soda/pop.

Congrats!

I am very lucky in that I am most likely not going to develop a weight problem due to genetics. I think at this point (I will be 59 this year) I can safely assume that to be true.

The one time my weight did creep up a bit I controlled it with portion control. It soon became a habit. I lost the pattern of thinking that I had to clean my plate as I had been taught as a child.

Keep it up. Thumbsup You can do it. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-05-2016, 02:54 PM
(04-05-2016 07:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 07:03 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Thanks! Though you probably don't; my motivation is being relatively young and diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure at the same time. A lot of it was cutting portion sizes and soda/pop.

Congrats!

I am very lucky in that I am most likely not going to develop a weight problem due to genetics. I think at this point (I will be 59 this year) I can safely assume that to be true.

The one time my weight did creep up a bit I controlled it with portion control. It soon became a habit. I lost the pattern of thinking that I had to clean my plate as I had been taught as a child.

Keep it up. Thumbsup You can do it. Smile
Thanks! I was raised with the same type of thinking (and tonight I'm replacing my plates and putting them in a box with smaller ones, that way I clean it off, but mentally trick myself. Supposedly works to trick the body into portions too...). And woot for genetics at 59, in addition to making portion control a habit and even a lifestyle decision, that's something I need to work on. I can't blame my obesity on my genes, just portion control and lack of exercise, but it's neat how things are often cause and effect. Like I forgot how good walking is, when you're not huffing and puffing the whole time...only 2-3 years ago, I was doing 10 mile round trip walks while in grad school and it would be good to be able to do that again. Smile

(Genetically though, odds were stacked against me anyhow, high blood pressure and diabetes run in both sides of the family...and I'm terrified of colon cancer because my mother and grandmother both had it.)

Also a smile worthy thing, was chatting with a friend about how hostile a Catholic board is these days that we both attend (and I mod unfortunately), when I said, "Yeah, I've been goofing around over on The Thinking Atheist forums, they're so much more welcoming there."

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
06-05-2016, 06:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2016 06:30 AM by Free Thought.)
I temporarily have access to a real camera.

[Image: 1VPhcyg.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 7 users Like Free Thought's post
06-05-2016, 06:10 AM
(06-05-2016 06:01 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I temporarily has access to a real camera.

I didn't know you were a cat.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
06-05-2016, 06:13 AM
You guys make me smile.
You're probably not small though. I bet most of you are taller than me.
[+] 2 users Like CosmicRaven's post
06-05-2016, 06:45 AM
(06-05-2016 06:01 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I temporarily have access to a real camera.

It needs a caption, like "I'd eat your soul, but I'm rather busy being a cat right now"

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post