Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-05-2016, 11:07 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(07-05-2016 10:53 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 10:28 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I gotta babysit my brother's girlfriend's dog. Dodgy

Welllllll..... iz okay. Blush

[Image: IMG_20160507_110204357_zpsm6itchpg.jpg]

Nice Doge.

Her name is Princess. Rolleyes I'ma just call her Dog, while we're out. Laugh out load Me & Troy just went to drop a load at the yard. She's a truck ridin dog. Shy Looks like we got a scrapper mascot for a couple days. Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2016, 12:15 PM
(07-05-2016 10:28 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I gotta babysit my brother's girlfriend's dog. Dodgy

Welllllll..... iz okay. Blush

[Image: IMG_20160507_110204357_zpsm6itchpg.jpg]

awwww super cute! Heart
07-05-2016, 05:00 PM
When the girl I like says, "I'll call you tonight."

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 8 users Like Atothetheist's post
08-05-2016, 03:18 AM
Lol, it's been four years since I made this video

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
08-05-2016, 03:33 AM
Did some "spring cleaning" on my youtube channel so to say. got rid of a lot of videos that never should have seen the light of day

08-05-2016, 05:08 PM
Make a post on Facebook saying happy Mothra's Day. My family completely missed the joke and thought I misspelled Mother's Day. Bought a smile to my face.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Blackhand293's post
09-05-2016, 05:57 AM
(07-05-2016 11:07 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 10:53 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Nice Doge.

Her name is Princess. Rolleyes I'ma just call her Dog, while we're out. Laugh out load Me & Troy just went to drop a load at the yard. She's a truck ridin dog. Shy Looks like we got a scrapper mascot for a couple days. Big Grin

I work at a scrap yard. I sell trailers.
09-05-2016, 01:17 PM
Finally earned the respect (or fear) of the business class after mine. All semester they've tried to come in early and I've told them no, we were still having class. So rude. Asking didn't help, putting up signs didn't help, talking to their prof and having him talk to them didn't help. Finally, today, as I had one student doing a makeup test, they all started coming in and being loud. I sighed and spoke just loud enough and firm enough to be heard over the racket, "Hey folks, there's still someone taking a test here. Please be quiet." All but one smartass quieted down and he demanded to know who I was to say that to them. My reply, "I'm Dr. [Scary Sandworm of Doom] and this is my classroom for the next fifteen minutes. So you can shut up or leave, and if neither of those appeal to you, I'm on a first name basis with your college's Dean." They were quiet until I left and thanked them for their cooperation, only then did the talking resume. It made me smile to finally have them take me seriously.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
09-05-2016, 04:58 PM
I'm a cat now. lol.

If it hadn't been for the name association, I might have changed my name to mirror my Steam account
[Image: 83b2ded2d1575dd4260a07ce35e7f1e2.png]

09-05-2016, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 08:55 PM by Fireball.)
(09-05-2016 01:17 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Finally earned the respect (or fear) of the business class after mine. All semester they've tried to come in early and I've told them no, we were still having class. So rude. Asking didn't help, putting up signs didn't help, talking to their prof and having him talk to them didn't help. Finally, today, as I had one student doing a makeup test, they all started coming in and being loud. I sighed and spoke just loud enough and firm enough to be heard over the racket, "Hey folks, there's still someone taking a test here. Please be quiet." All but one smartass quieted down and he demanded to know who I was to say that to them. My reply, "I'm Dr. [Scary Sandworm of Doom] and this is my classroom for the next fifteen minutes. So you can shut up or leave, and if neither of those appeal to you, I'm on a first name basis with your college's Dean." They were quiet until I left and thanked them for their cooperation, only then did the talking resume. It made me smile to finally have them take me seriously.

I had a teacher training where we were taught to use the "Queen of England's 'We are not amused face'" when problems surfaced. Don't let them whippersnappers run roughshod over you. You have the authority, don't hesitate to use it. Kids, even in college, are attempting to exert their own independence by pushing back. I learned most of my crowd control skills volunteering for the Boy Scouts of America, back in the '90s. I used the BSA, they used me. I think we are even, in terms of my service to them, and my own personal growth. I don't agree with their policies about atheists, gays and homosexuals (.NE.pedophile), but the rest of it is actually good.

ETA- "MR Nice Guy" ain't gonna cut it, except in a limited sense.

Special note- You young people who may be going to high school or college, just remember that while I'm giving helpful hints to another educator, your education also relies on your cooperation with the system. If you think that college is just high school "down the street", you will be eventually disappointed. A word to the wise...

Further ETA- the students where I taught learned better than to even enter the classroom until it was their class time. It will come with experience.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post