Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-05-2016, 08:51 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Playing bass and doing well makes me smile.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like CosmicRaven's post
09-05-2016, 09:01 PM
When you make an asshat cry. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
09-05-2016, 10:29 PM
(07-05-2016 11:07 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 10:53 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Nice Doge.

Her name is Princess. Rolleyes I'ma just call her Dog, while we're out. Laugh out load Me & Troy just went to drop a load at the yard. She's a truck ridin dog. Shy Looks like we got a scrapper mascot for a couple days. Big Grin

Awww. I bet you got kisses Heart
10-05-2016, 04:47 AM
That camera that was temporarily mine?

It's not permanently mine; when my yearly grant comes along in July, I pay for it. $400 for an apparently $600 camera, I'll be glad to pay.

I like taking photos of things.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-05-2016, 12:26 PM
I didn't want taco bell today at work, so my boss and I tried a new place that I suggested. The food was awesome. My boss said "That was one of the best chicken sandwiches I have ever had. I think we found a new usual place to order from.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
10-05-2016, 03:44 PM
(09-05-2016 08:38 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I had a teacher training where we were taught to use the "Queen of England's 'We are not amused face'" when problems surfaced. Don't let them whippersnappers run roughshod over you. You have the authority, don't hesitate to use it. Kids, even in college, are attempting to exert their own independence by pushing back. I learned most of my crowd control skills volunteering for the Boy Scouts of America, back in the '90s. I used the BSA, they used me. I think we are even, in terms of my service to them, and my own personal growth. I don't agree with their policies about atheists, gays and homosexuals (.NE.pedophile), but the rest of it is actually good.

ETA- "MR Nice Guy" ain't gonna cut it, except in a limited sense.

Special note- You young people who may be going to high school or college, just remember that while I'm giving helpful hints to another educator, your education also relies on your cooperation with the system. If you think that college is just high school "down the street", you will be eventually disappointed. A word to the wise...

Further ETA- the students where I taught learned better than to even enter the classroom until it was their class time. It will come with experience.

Amen. (No offense meant, just using it as an agreement.) Most of the time, I get what I want out of the carrot/Mr. Nice Guy approach instead of the stick. Which is good, come eval time. The student doing her test said she didn't even know I could say something without a smile, when she turned hers in.

But you're right, there's definitely a time for the stern Queen face and speech. I've already made a post it by my computer for next semester to nip things in the bud early if it happens again, but taking all the steps I did, and then going to their Dean if necessary. Because I stopped at the prof level. Interestingly enough, while discussing the issue with others, it seems it's almost a cultural thing with the college those students are from in the university, where they pick up the disdain for the other colleges (sometimes I dare say, from their faculty) and never receive any sort of rebuke for it from on high. Thanks for the advice, I truly appreciate it and will try to take it to heart!

And Boy Scouts! I've got to admit, I did Cub Scouts and never went on after watching them pick on kids a year older than me, locking them out in the cold in their underwear and such.

Though on crowd control...while I've had courses in pedagogy and team taught classes and TAing before, most of my crowd control was learned back in the Baptist days. In particular through volunteering with Vacation Bible School and with the annual Biker Worship Night/Festival thing we did...you know, big burly guys in leather jackets are some of the most courteous folks you'll ever meet. It's the "church people" all dressed up that need forced out of the way when you're the one carrying 25 pounds of meat for the grill guys.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
10-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Is this not the most adorable ring bearer ever?

My grandson...looking quite dapper and cool in his shades.

[Image: 13217503_10206554035717231_1786471128140...engfgn.jpg]

The blue-eyed future lady killer.

[Image: 13133341_10206554076758257_6384882449650...u2bplc.jpg]

His sister...my younger granddaughter is on the right.

[Image: 13164395_10206554018236794_2302652021344...gajpur.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
12-05-2016, 11:57 PM
Handling a critical review like a BOSS.

[Image: 12efe1f0a72cc29a83d11a732f66013a.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-05-2016, 12:00 AM
(09-05-2016 09:01 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  When you make an asshat cry. Smile

[Image: 1277.jpg?new=1]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-05-2016, 02:02 PM
Oh, I'm so happy The Dudesons started posting stuff every second day on YT; this is still some of the funniest shit I saw as a kid:

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."