Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-05-2016, 04:06 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(20-05-2016 04:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 03:30 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Well, then it's reached that point where you say the truth. That he's lazy as fuck and that cleaning that garage takes but 6 hours of his entire life to do. At that moment your son will do either of these three things: He'll admit he's lazy and that he's sorry for being lazy. The second is that he's too proud to admit that he's lazy, and will try to put the blame on you or someone else, maybe try to lead the discussion to a completely irrelevant topic. Finally, there's the possiblity that he really doesn't give a shit, that he doesn't believe that he's lazy, that you are crazy and that's it's "just some mess, who cares?". Neither of these options will end up getting your gararge cleared out, but atleast you'll know where he stands.

I'm not trying to teach you how to be a mom to a teenager or whatever age he is, but I've said all of these three things at some point when I was faced with the question of lazyness. However, only the first option is the right thing to say; to admit one is a lazy bastard and that you need to get your shit together if something tragic somehow happens to the people who keep you fed.

I love you!!!!

Heart

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
20-05-2016, 09:52 PM
(20-05-2016 02:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 02:36 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I thought so. I can be a complete bitch on the cleaning thing too. But over the last few months I've gotten so tired of fighting over something as simple as fuckin' cleaning. So I clean up after I'm done eating, I clean my room more often, I put my clothes in the washer and I try to stop being a prick. Otherwise, I'm a merch. If you want me to do something big like clearing out an entire garage filled with 30 years of garbage, I demand payment. And I do get paid.

Money might actually motivate your offspring.

Believe me, money has been offered.

And 75% of the garage mess, is actually his fault, it's full of crap that should have been put in the garbage to begin with, but didn't fit at the time, so he said, "I'll put it in next time."

And that shit just multipled.

Move him out of the house and into the garage. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
21-05-2016, 06:13 AM
Having a "girl's day out" with my daughter. Yes

A little shopping, a facial, some boiled crab legs and broiled lobster for lunch and Captain America - Civil War.

It's more than a small thing. I loves my baby girl. HeartHeartHeart

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
21-05-2016, 06:22 AM
(20-05-2016 03:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Son is getting a new roof on his house today. So are many of the neighbors. At least it isn't raining...for a change.

Still waiting for windows...house currently looks like we are either moving out or moving in. Hoping all these repairs are done by my birthday but that's only 5 weeks away so I am pretty sure that's not going to be the case.

Baby steps.

[+] 2 users Like Birdguy1979's post
21-05-2016, 12:09 PM
(21-05-2016 06:13 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Having a "girl's day out" with my daughter. Yes

A little shopping, a facial, some boiled crab legs and broiled lobster for lunch and Captain America - Civil War.

Waaaaa.... my day got canceled cuz my poor grandbaby face-planted into the truck step and busted his little nose. It's not broke but scraped, swollen and he's getting two little black eyes. Sad

I wanted to cry with him. Sadcryface2

21-05-2016, 12:34 PM
(21-05-2016 12:09 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 06:13 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Having a "girl's day out" with my daughter. Yes

Waaaaa.... my day got canceled cuz my poor grandbaby face-planted into the truck step and busted his little nose. It's not broke but scraped, swollen and he's getting two little black eyes. Sad

When my boys were little it never seemed to fail that anytime I had plans something would happen to derail it.

Either vomit, explosive diarrhea, or one of them would be bleeding like stink and my man was like "just go, I got this" and I'd be all..."No it's ok."

Because I just knew whoever would be glued to me and I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself anyway. Shy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-05-2016, 12:41 PM
(21-05-2016 06:22 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 03:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Son is getting a new roof on his house today. So are many of the neighbors. At least it isn't raining...for a change.

Still waiting for windows...house currently looks like we are either moving out or moving in. Hoping all these repairs are done by my birthday but that's only 5 weeks away so I am pretty sure that's not going to be the case.

Baby steps.

I hate you. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
21-05-2016, 12:46 PM
This illustration of God(?) "forging" a galaxy:

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
21-05-2016, 01:04 PM
(21-05-2016 12:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 12:09 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Waaaaa.... my day got canceled cuz my poor grandbaby face-planted into the truck step and busted his little nose. It's not broke but scraped, swollen and he's getting two little black eyes. Sad

When my boys were little it never seemed to fail that anytime I had plans something would happen to derail it.

Either vomit, explosive diarrhea, or one of them would be bleeding like stink and my man was like "just go, I got this" and I'd be all..."No it's ok."

Because I just knew whoever would be glued to me and I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself anyway. Shy

Yep, Worry is a fun killer. Sad

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
21-05-2016, 01:07 PM
(21-05-2016 12:46 PM)Vosur Wrote:  This illustration of God(?) "forging" a galaxy:

[Image: giphy.gif]

That pretty cool as a fantasy. It's when they can't leave that in the mythos realm that gets me. His head looks a little alienish. lol