Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-06-2016, 05:16 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Got an interesting call today...a couple years ago I hired a pool cleaning service to help maintain our old pool. In the six weeks that I dealt with them the service ranged from non-existent to awful. Phone calls weren't returned but they sure drafted their pay from my account on time. I left a scathing review online.

Last year I contacted another company. When they called me back I found out they were affiliated with the same service so I said no thanks.

Today the new regional manager called me. He wants my bad review turned into a good review. He doesn't even want to talk money...he just wants the review updated. There's supposed to be a guy here tomorrow to clean the pool and he will do the estimate we haven't been able to get done for insurance purposes.

I may actually get to use the pool after all this summer. He even said they would fix all the shattered expansion joints around the pool (the hail beat them to pieces).

This is good news since the robotic pool cleaner we had was also damaged by the hail.

Let's see if this guy earns a decent review. After all the storms here it's gonna take some work to get the pool right.

I used to keep the pool up myself but since my surgeries I can't.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
07-06-2016, 05:10 PM
Pool guy did show up. There's more damage than meets the eye. Lines clogged with debris and filters trashed from the shake off the shingles.

Regional manager called...he really wants me to give them a good review. Bargained and haggled on price...most will be covered by insurance once I get an estimate from him.

I bumped my review from one to three stars...if he continues to follow through I will give him another star and another when the work is done.

In other news, we are supposed to get the windows repaired/replaced Thursday...then the interior work can commence. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-06-2016, 05:32 PM
Last night I was staying up watching a movie late, too late. Katie the dog comes out to get a drink, then comes over, and looks up at me with this "come on to bed you dummy" look. Off we went.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
08-06-2016, 11:17 AM
(07-06-2016 05:32 PM)skyking Wrote:  Last night I was staying up watching a movie late, too late. Katie the dog comes out to get a drink, then comes over, and looks up at me with this "come on to bed you dummy" look. Off we went.

Our little dog sleeps under our bed like a troll. She only sleeps in bed if it is really cold outside.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
08-06-2016, 06:36 PM
They showed up today with a whole new tank and filter system for the pool. Did some reworking, cleaned out pipes that were clogged with debris from the storm. Guess they get another gold star.

At least I won't be in trouble for having a large zika virus mosquito breeding ground in the yard. Undecided

09-06-2016, 06:05 PM
We gotz windowz! Thumbsup

[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
09-06-2016, 06:08 PM
(06-06-2016 05:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Today the new regional manager called me. He wants my bad review turned into a good review. He doesn't even want to talk money...he just wants the review updated.

Sounds illegal to me. I'd do it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
09-06-2016, 06:15 PM
(09-06-2016 06:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 05:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Today the new regional manager called me. He wants my bad review turned into a good review. He doesn't even want to talk money...he just wants the review updated.

Sounds illegal to me. I'd do it.

I guess you could the consider the work they have already done to be bribery. It appears that I can be bought. Tongue

09-06-2016, 07:55 PM
So we actually had (I heard) someone admitted to psych today, and part of their admitting diagnosis was "Fox Geezer Syndrome''.
Turns out it's really a "thing". Big Grin
http://www.frumforum.com/fox-geezer-syndrome/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-06-2016, 05:53 AM
Yay approval of my peers!

[Image: 5NqF696.png]

...also smile when people think I'm a girl and feel no need to correct that faulty assumption. And yeah, I'm Vikander Demonae on teh BDO forum. Wink

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user