Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-06-2016, 12:36 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
[Image: 1466880745550.jpeg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
28-06-2016, 02:36 PM
Genetic screening results came back. While I do have a mutation of "uncertain clinical significance" (See: Uh, it's a mutation, but we don't know yet, research wise, if it's harmful to people or not), I do not carry any mutations that make me more susceptible to colon cancer. However, given family history, I should still probably start colonoscopies in 5-10 years.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-06-2016, 03:13 PM
Living in times where that sort of procedure can be used is a good thing. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
28-06-2016, 03:43 PM
(28-06-2016 02:36 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Genetic screening results came back. While I do have a mutation of "uncertain clinical significance" (See: Uh, it's a mutation, but we don't know yet, research wise, if it's harmful to people or not), I do not carry any mutations that make me more susceptible to colon cancer. However, given family history, I should still probably start colonoscopies in 5-10 years.

During my breast cancer thing I had genetic testing done to see if I carried the BRCA 1 and/or 2 genes. In part to see if my kids could have inherited it from me and also if it was prudent to do a hysterectomy. The tests came back negative...I was sort of surprised since my mother also had breast cancer.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-06-2016, 04:01 PM
(28-06-2016 03:13 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Living in times where that sort of procedure can be used is a good thing. Thumbsup
Definitely! Still not perfect, but still. And it was all done using spit that was collected and analyzed. Smile

(28-06-2016 03:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 02:36 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Genetic screening results came back. While I do have a mutation of "uncertain clinical significance" (See: Uh, it's a mutation, but we don't know yet, research wise, if it's harmful to people or not), I do not carry any mutations that make me more susceptible to colon cancer. However, given family history, I should still probably start colonoscopies in 5-10 years.

During my breast cancer thing I had genetic testing done to see if I carried the BRCA 1 and/or 2 genes. In part to see if my kids could have inherited it from me and also if it was prudent to do a hysterectomy. The tests came back negative...I was sort of surprised since my mother also had breast cancer.

Sorry you went through that. Sad Not reassuring, given my family history of colon cancer though. But good they didn't identify BRCA 1 or 2 to pass on at least!

Need to think of a witty signature.
29-06-2016, 05:18 PM
Lady is ssssooooooooo happy to be home...even though she is in the cone of shame.

[Image: lady%20cone%20of%20shame_zpsdmtpsbsl.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 9 users Like Anjele's post
29-06-2016, 09:17 PM
(29-06-2016 05:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Lady is ssssooooooooo happy to be home...even though she is in the cone of shame.

Oh, no! The Cone of Shame! Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-06-2016, 09:31 PM
(29-06-2016 05:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Lady is ssssooooooooo happy to be home...even though she is in the cone of shame.

Bright eyes! Looks really happy!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
30-06-2016, 08:19 PM
(29-06-2016 09:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Oh, no! The Cone of Shame! Weeping

I tried an inflatable collar. I used it on Karma and Chopper when they were fixed and it worked great. At four this morning I woke up to the sound of Lady licking her stitches...she's back in the cone. Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-06-2016, 09:51 PM

Fill it with kibble. Easy eating for that dog on the go.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post