Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-07-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
I never understood our society's obsession with smiling. When I think of smiling, I am reminded of The Stepford Wives.

That is why I am against smiling, such an outdated social construct.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2016, 10:38 PM
(03-07-2016 10:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 05:18 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So I'm pretty sure I must be reading this wrong because insurance, but... it looks like I could get my tubes tied and my insurance would cover it completely. Consider That there is an awesome idea. Could definitely get on board with that.

Wouldn't it be easier to just get Rev's balls snipped off?

Gasp That is not gonna happen!! Sleepy

Anyway, a vasectomy would be less invasive, certainly, but without health insurance on him, the cost would undoubtedly be more. I have health insurance that might cover me for the full cost of a tubal, and those are done laparoscopically so they're not all that invasive anymore.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
03-07-2016, 10:55 PM
(03-07-2016 10:27 PM)Foxen Wrote:  I never understood our society's obsession with smiling. When I think of smiling, I am reminded of The Stepford Wives.

That is why I am against smiling, such an outdated social construct.

I don't think it's a social construct. It's a natural reaction to pleasure. Babies smile and don't subscribe to any social constructs.
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
03-07-2016, 10:58 PM
(03-07-2016 10:55 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I don't think it's a social construct. It's a natural reaction to pleasure. Babies smile and don't subscribe to any social constructs.

Are they smiling or reacting facially to pooping?
03-07-2016, 11:01 PM
(03-07-2016 10:58 PM)Foxen Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 10:55 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I don't think it's a social construct. It's a natural reaction to pleasure. Babies smile and don't subscribe to any social constructs.

Are they smiling or reacting facially to pooping?

my baby doesnt smile while pooping. she gets a look of concentration. afterwards however...
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
03-07-2016, 11:09 PM
(03-07-2016 11:01 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  my baby doesnt smile while pooping. she gets a look of concentration. afterwards however...

Precisely.

After all, don't you feel great after a good poop? Good enough to smile?
04-07-2016, 01:16 AM
#ThingsYouWontHearAPastorSay and #MakeAFilmAwfullyBritish are trending on twitter right now.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-07-2016, 10:23 AM
Even with the cone of shame still in place Lady thinks she can catch the squirrel that is in the tree out back. Ever the optimist that one. Smile

Gosh, she feels so much better. She can get rid of that cone next weekend when the stitches come out. She's even being nice to Ziggy now. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
04-07-2016, 11:38 AM
My cousin's shih tzu, Dozer, apparently has a cone of shame right now too. I laughed more than was polite that their youngest daughter, who usually loves him to death, is apparently terrified of him with the cone. Makes me think of him as being that spitting dinosaur from Jurassic Park, and the cone is his frilly lizard mane as he's about to spit.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
04-07-2016, 11:43 AM
(03-07-2016 05:18 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So I'm pretty sure I must be reading this wrong because insurance, but... it looks like I could get my tubes tied and my insurance would cover it completely. Consider That there is an awesome idea. Could definitely get on board with that.

Yes, a tubal.... Maybe I need a tubal. Consider Before it's too late.