Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-07-2016, 11:55 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(04-07-2016 11:38 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My cousin's shih tzu, Dozer, apparently has a cone of shame right now too. I laughed more than was polite that their youngest daughter, who usually loves him to death, is apparently terrified of him with the cone. Makes me think of him as being that spitting dinosaur from Jurassic Park, and the cone is his frilly lizard mane as he's about to spit.

Our cat is terrified of the cone. His tail has been in full fluff for days.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-07-2016, 11:57 AM
(04-07-2016 11:43 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 05:18 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So I'm pretty sure I must be reading this wrong because insurance, but... it looks like I could get my tubes tied and my insurance would cover it completely. Consider That there is an awesome idea. Could definitely get on board with that.

Yes, a tubal.... Maybe I need a tubal. Consider Before it's too late.

Going to sound really stupid, but I misread that at first as Tuba. And was like "Why does Aliza want to play the tuba?"
(04-07-2016 11:55 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 11:38 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My cousin's shih tzu, Dozer, apparently has a cone of shame right now too. I laughed more than was polite that their youngest daughter, who usually loves him to death, is apparently terrified of him with the cone. Makes me think of him as being that spitting dinosaur from Jurassic Park, and the cone is his frilly lizard mane as he's about to spit.

Our cat is terrified of the cone. His tail has been in full fluff for days.

Poor cat, even if it does sound laugh worthy...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
04-07-2016, 11:58 AM
(03-07-2016 10:38 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 10:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wouldn't it be easier to just get Rev's balls snipped off?

Gasp That is not gonna happen!! Sleepy

Anyway, a vasectomy would be less invasive, certainly, but without health insurance on him, the cost would undoubtedly be more. I have health insurance that might cover me for the full cost of a tubal, and those are done laparoscopically so they're not all that invasive anymore.

Many insurance companies pay the whole cost for any pregnancy prevention. Much cheaper than an accidental pregnancy to pay for. If you don't want anymore children it's a good idea for a tubal. If he gets a vas he can't impregnate you but that doesn't mean you can't get pregnant. No matter what the repub fundys say sexual assault can cause pregnancies as well. Protecting yourself is not a bad thing.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
04-07-2016, 12:08 PM
(04-07-2016 11:58 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 10:38 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Gasp That is not gonna happen!! Sleepy

Anyway, a vasectomy would be less invasive, certainly, but without health insurance on him, the cost would undoubtedly be more. I have health insurance that might cover me for the full cost of a tubal, and those are done laparoscopically so they're not all that invasive anymore.

Many insurance companies pay the whole cost for any pregnancy prevention. Much cheaper than an accidental pregnancy to pay for. If you don't want anymore children it's a good idea for a tubal. If he gets a vas he can't impregnate you but that doesn't mean you can't get pregnant. No matter what the repub fundys say sexual assault can cause pregnancies as well. Protecting yourself is not a bad thing.

Yeah, I have two kids already (15 and 11 - neither of whom were planned, by the way) and Rev has two kids already as well. Neither of us wants more. And even if awful stuff happened in the future (loss of children I already have, or loss of our relationship, etc.) I still don't want more kids.

A new child could not replace either of my kids if I were to lose them. Any "kids" Rev and I have would be furry ones, lol.

And while I anticipate Rev and I being together for a long time, death can come unexpectedly. Sad But even in a circumstance such as that, I wouldn't want more children with anyone.

So yeah I like the idea of getting it taken care of once and for all for me. My health insurance unfortunately does not fully cover the birth control pills I'm on, but if they would cover a tubal in full then that would save me money in the future as well as worry. Smile

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
04-07-2016, 12:10 PM
And surely I won't get too much hassle from the doctor about getting a tubal done because for one, I'm over 30 (I'm 32) and I have two children already. I know if you're under 30 and don't have kids then they try and dissuade you from doing something permanent like that.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
04-07-2016, 04:42 PM
(04-07-2016 12:10 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  And surely I won't get too much hassle from the doctor about getting a tubal done because for one, I'm over 30 (I'm 32) and I have two children already. I know if you're under 30 and don't have kids then they try and dissuade you from doing something permanent like that.

I had my tubes tied when I was 30. I had three kids and no plans for more. It was done at the doctor's office and was pretty easy. I did have some bruising but that's because I didn't follow the doctor's orders not to pick up my six month old son. It's nothing that required any medical treatment but I was more sore than I would have been had my husband been able to handle a crying baby.

That was a long, long time ago. I feel certain the procedure is even easier now. I have never regretted having it done. No more birth control pills. Nothing to forget, no extra hormones in my body. If you are sure you don't want more children (and from I have heard you say you are sure) I doubt you would regret it. A couple days of taking it easy and that's it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-07-2016, 05:29 PM
(04-07-2016 04:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 12:10 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  And surely I won't get too much hassle from the doctor about getting a tubal done because for one, I'm over 30 (I'm 32) and I have two children already. I know if you're under 30 and don't have kids then they try and dissuade you from doing something permanent like that.

I had my tubes tied when I was 30. I had three kids and no plans for more. It was done at the doctor's office and was pretty easy. I did have some bruising but that's because I didn't follow the doctor's orders not to pick up my six month old son. It's nothing that required any medical treatment but I was more sore than I would have been had my husband been able to handle a crying baby.

That was a long, long time ago. I feel certain the procedure is even easier now. I have never regretted having it done. No more birth control pills. Nothing to forget, no extra hormones in my body. If you are sure you don't want more children (and from I have heard you say you are sure) I doubt you would regret it. A couple days of taking it easy and that's it.

Thanks, Anj. Smile Always nice to get a firsthand account of having had it done.

If my insurance does cover it, I guess I just need to figure out what kind I want done. Looks like there's a few different ways they can do it.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
04-07-2016, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2016 05:45 PM by Anjele.)
(04-07-2016 05:29 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 04:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I had my tubes tied when I was 30. I had three kids and no plans for more. It was done at the doctor's office and was pretty easy. I did have some bruising but that's because I didn't follow the doctor's orders not to pick up my six month old son. It's nothing that required any medical treatment but I was more sore than I would have been had my husband been able to handle a crying baby.

Thanks, Anj. Smile Always nice to get a firsthand account of having had it done.

If my insurance does cover it, I guess I just need to figure out what kind I want done. Looks like there's a few different ways they can do it.

Mine was paid for through the Army. My husband at the time was active duty. The hospital on base didn't do them (and no there was no big anti-woman reason for that, they didn't have an OB/Gyn unit, just like their other specialties were limited or nonexistent) so I went to a doctor in town. He said he liked to make sure the procedure was failsafe so he cut, tied, and cauterized the tubes. Done deal...I don't think I was at his office but for about 3 hours from start to finish. Then home with some minor pain meds and an antibiotic. Went through my belly button...there's a teeny, tiny scar but you would have to be looking for it to find it.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-07-2016, 05:49 PM
(04-07-2016 05:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 05:29 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Thanks, Anj. Smile Always nice to get a firsthand account of having had it done.

Mine was paid for through the Army. My husband at the time was active duty. The hospital on base didn't do them (and no there was no big anti-woman reason for that, they didn't have an OB/Gyn unit, just like their other specialties were limited or nonexistent) so I went to a doctor in town. He said he liked to make sure the procedure was failsafe so he cut, tied, and cauterized the tubes. Done deal...I don't think I was at his office but for about 3 hours from start to finish. Then home with some minor pain meds and an antibiotic. Went through my belly button...there's a teeny, tiny scar but you would have to be looking for it to find it.

Yeah, there's some other kind where they put a coil in there that then forms scar tissue around it and ends up blocking the tubes but I'd rather do the laparoscopic thing and have the tubes cut and all, like you had yours. Yes

04-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Cake

[Image: beafc06c-aa38-423c-b5b0-dba74bd6237d.jpg]

Hamburger

[Image: hamburger.jpg]

Margaritas

[Image: 20150323-cocktails-vicky-wasik-margarita...421493.jpg]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces