Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-07-2016, 05:58 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(04-07-2016 05:49 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 05:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Mine was paid for through the Army. My husband at the time was active duty. The hospital on base didn't do them (and no there was no big anti-woman reason for that, they didn't have an OB/Gyn unit, just like their other specialties were limited or nonexistent) so I went to a doctor in town. He said he liked to make sure the procedure was failsafe so he cut, tied, and cauterized the tubes. Done deal...I don't think I was at his office but for about 3 hours from start to finish. Then home with some minor pain meds and an antibiotic. Went through my belly button...there's a teeny, tiny scar but you would have to be looking for it to find it.

Yeah, there's some other kind where they put a coil in there that then forms scar tissue around it and ends up blocking the tubes but I'd rather do the laparoscopic thing and have the tubes cut and all, like you had yours. Yes

I don't like the idea of the implantation of a foreign object....says the woman with breast implants. Undecided

When I had stents put in several years ago when I had my first bout with kidney stones followed by lithotripsy I had to have them removed early. You could see my body having spasms as it tried to push them out. I have a similar reaction to pierced earrings. I was really concerned about the implants for fear that I would have the same issues. And scar tissue can be a problem. One of the things I have to worry about is encapsulation...where scar tissue can form around my implants and cause them to become hard and also cause pain...requiring removal and other icky things.

I am sure that the coil method works fine for some people but I know my body doesn't like stuff like that.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-07-2016, 06:17 PM
(04-07-2016 05:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 05:49 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Yeah, there's some other kind where they put a coil in there that then forms scar tissue around it and ends up blocking the tubes but I'd rather do the laparoscopic thing and have the tubes cut and all, like you had yours. Yes

I don't like the idea of the implantation of a foreign object....says the woman with breast implants. Undecided

When I had stents put in several years ago when I had my first bout with kidney stones followed by lithotripsy I had to have them removed early. You could see my body having spasms as it tried to push them out. I have a similar reaction to pierced earrings. I was really concerned about the implants for fear that I would have the same issues. And scar tissue can be a problem. One of the things I have to worry about is encapsulation...where scar tissue can form around my implants and cause them to become hard and also cause pain...requiring removal and other icky things.

I am sure that the coil method works fine for some people but I know my body doesn't like stuff like that.

My wife had a tubal fulguration, 3 places on each tube. https://www.google.com/search?q=tubal+fu...8&oe=utf-8

Just a few hours in the hospital as an outpatient. That was not long after the birth of my youngest, so about 26 YA. He's 27, now. No younger siblings!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
04-07-2016, 06:18 PM
(04-07-2016 05:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 05:49 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Yeah, there's some other kind where they put a coil in there that then forms scar tissue around it and ends up blocking the tubes but I'd rather do the laparoscopic thing and have the tubes cut and all, like you had yours. Yes

My wife had a tubal fulguration, 3 places on each tube. https://www.google.com/search?q=tubal+fu...8&oe=utf-8

Just a few hours in the hospital as an outpatient. That was not long after the birth of my youngest, about 26 YA. He's 27, now. No younger siblings!
04-07-2016, 08:38 PM
If I thought I could get a decent pic of em, I would, but they're being too erratic.
But there's some bats flying around outside like Armageddon has come. Laugh out load Dodging fireworks, and black cats. Laugh out load

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
04-07-2016, 09:52 PM
Sorry. Laugh out load

[Image: tumblr_mcb5s9CwmX1rj21too1_500.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
04-07-2016, 10:09 PM
(04-07-2016 09:52 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Sorry. Laugh out load

[Image: tumblr_mcb5s9CwmX1rj21too1_500.jpg]

Kids are so cute! Too bad they're venomous. Drinking Beverage
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
05-07-2016, 08:21 PM
(03-07-2016 11:09 PM)Foxen Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 11:01 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  my baby doesnt smile while pooping. she gets a look of concentration. afterwards however...

Precisely.

After all, don't you feel great after a good poop? Good enough to smile?

Social construct: a social mechanism, phenomenon, or category created and developed by society; a perception of an individual, group, or idea that is 'constructed' through cultural or social practice

Babies smile because it's a natural reaction.

Although I'm pretty sure you're the guy who left. Ah, whatever. I'm slow.
05-07-2016, 08:48 PM
Margarita part 2

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-07-2016, 09:34 PM
(05-07-2016 08:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Margarita part 2

Tequila makes me >.< . My wife loves the stuff. I got her a bottle of Milagro a year ago November for her b-day. Blown glass like an agave plant inside, really cool limited edition. It's about half gone. I helped- I had a thimble of it, just to try it. If all hard liquor tasted like tequila, I'd be a teetotaler. You get to have all the tequila I won't be drinking!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-07-2016, 02:00 AM
Kroger near us introduced ClickList. You can build an order of groceries online, set a time to pick them up then drive there and pick them up and pay for them without even having to go into the store.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post