Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-07-2016, 07:24 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(09-07-2016 06:09 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(09-07-2016 05:30 PM)pablo Wrote:  I was wondering if they were gonna mention how easily they got out of the cell.

Next time he'll just die. Facepalm I can understand the reinforcing, but there should be better monitoring of the area. I know that that takes money, which always seems to be the problem.

I wasn't suggesting he should have died. It was just an observation about a jail where the doors are so easy to get open.
Lighten up. Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2016, 07:39 PM
My little brother is taking a class, a couple days a week during the summer. He's learning Japanese. He passed a note to a girl he likes, and it said
"You are sofa king wee tar did".
He got in trouble. My mom couldn't stop laughing when she saw the note.
Laugh out load .. Laugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-07-2016, 07:43 PM
A bunny was in the backyard tonight. The dog saw it, and began running down the back stairs...I swear you could almost hear him singing, "kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit..."

Now he's laying in his bed. I'm guessing he's tired and his muscles are aching after all that exertion.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-07-2016, 07:46 PM
(09-07-2016 05:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Am I the only one who though that news anchor on the left looked really sharp? That is an awesome looking suit. Even more awesome looking tie.

Anyways, I'm reminded of this scene.

09-07-2016, 08:15 PM
(09-07-2016 04:13 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 09:29 PM)skyking Wrote:  Baby chickadee from the carport nest, resting on the porch rail after the first flight.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=3476]

It stole your cheese.

LOL, that trap is right under the front porch chickadee nest. The woods rat tries to get the babies out of that one, so I set a few traps for it.
The carport nest is out of rat reach.
09-07-2016, 08:18 PM
(09-07-2016 07:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My little brother is taking a class, a couple days a week during the summer. He's learning Japanese. He passed a note to a girl he likes, and it said
"You are sofa king wee tar did".
He got in trouble. My mom couldn't stop laughing when she saw the note.
Laugh out load .. Laugh out load

It's supposed to be "me am sofa king wee tar did"
09-07-2016, 08:19 PM
Last evening, there was a fawn in the orchard. July is pretty late for a fawn. Consider

[Image: fawn 2.jpg]
[Image: fawn 1.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
09-07-2016, 08:45 PM
(09-07-2016 07:24 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(09-07-2016 06:09 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Next time he'll just die. Facepalm I can understand the reinforcing, but there should be better monitoring of the area. I know that that takes money, which always seems to be the problem.

I wasn't suggesting he should have died. It was just an observation about a jail where the doors are so easy to get open.
Lighten up. Facepalm

No, no, neither was I! My point is that the reinforced doors will prevent a recurrence of help, were it needed! Thus my idea that more monitoring should be required, as the inmates won't be able to help, next time.
09-07-2016, 09:18 PM
(09-07-2016 08:45 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(09-07-2016 07:24 PM)pablo Wrote:  I wasn't suggesting he should have died. It was just an observation about a jail where the doors are so easy to get open.
Lighten up. Facepalm

No, no, neither was I! My point is that the reinforced doors will prevent a recurrence of help, were it needed! Thus my idea that more monitoring should be required, as the inmates won't be able to help, next time.

Maybe the guy that's supposed to be watching the camera also passed out. Ironic.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
09-07-2016, 10:06 PM
(09-07-2016 09:18 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(09-07-2016 08:45 PM)Fireball Wrote:  No, no, neither was I! My point is that the reinforced doors will prevent a recurrence of help, were it needed! Thus my idea that more monitoring should be required, as the inmates won't be able to help, next time.

Maybe the guy that's supposed to be watching the camera also passed out. Ironic.

I'd like to think that a person in sole guard position on a bunch of inmates would have a camera on them in case of trouble. These prisoners did good. They had access to his gun, and could have wreaked some small amount of havoc before being contained again.