Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-07-2016, 10:25 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(09-07-2016 10:06 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(09-07-2016 09:18 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Maybe the guy that's supposed to be watching the camera also passed out. Ironic.

I'd like to think that a person in sole guard position on a bunch of inmates would have a camera on them in case of trouble. These prisoners did good. They had access to his gun, and could have wreaked some small amount of havoc before being contained again.

Well there obviously was a camera on them since this video is showing the footage! If it's like most prisons this guard probably didn't have a gun. Only certain secured areas have armed guards, from what I understand.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2016, 01:42 PM
(09-07-2016 10:25 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(09-07-2016 10:06 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'd like to think that a person in sole guard position on a bunch of inmates would have a camera on them in case of trouble. These prisoners did good. They had access to his gun, and could have wreaked some small amount of havoc before being contained again.

Well there obviously was a camera on them since this video is showing the footage! If it's like most prisons this guard probably didn't have a gun. Only certain secured areas have armed guards, from what I understand.

He had a gun. The inmates knew there was an eye-in-the-sky and they were screaming at it to get their attention. When the other guards arrived the inmates were going for his radio to call for help and left his gun untouched. What I find impressive is that the responders recognized almost instantly what was happening and did not fire on the inmates.

#sigh
10-07-2016, 05:32 PM
[Image: dd2e3dc83320917fb6fcf01cd9cf9b9e.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
10-07-2016, 09:49 PM
(10-07-2016 01:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-07-2016 10:25 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Well there obviously was a camera on them since this video is showing the footage! If it's like most prisons this guard probably didn't have a gun. Only certain secured areas have armed guards, from what I understand.

He had a gun. The inmates knew there was an eye-in-the-sky and they were screaming at it to get their attention. When the other guards arrived the inmates were going for his radio to call for help and left his gun untouched. What I find impressive is that the responders recognized almost instantly what was happening and did not fire on the inmates.

Wow, that could have been a terrible situation then. One armed guard with a bunch of inmates in a holding cell that wasn't locked. Classy prison.
11-07-2016, 03:27 PM
You too, can buy eternal life from one of The Donald's spiritual advisors.
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/donald-t...ry-potter/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-07-2016, 03:37 PM
Florida in the middle of summer is a bad time and place for the AC to break. The air conditioning repair company said they couldn't make it out until Wednesday, but they ended up having a cancellation in my area.

We were only down for a few hours, and now we have cool air again! Banana_zorro
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
11-07-2016, 05:14 PM
The ignore button...like salve on a wound. Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
11-07-2016, 05:18 PM
(11-07-2016 03:37 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Florida in the middle of summer is a bad time and place for the AC to break. The air conditioning repair company said they couldn't make it out until Wednesday, but they ended up having a cancellation in my area.

We were only down for a few hours, and now we have cool air again! Banana_zorro

Sorry Aliza, this is the Small Things That Make You Smile Thread NOT the Big Things That Keep You Alive Thread.

(very happy for you)

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
11-07-2016, 06:51 PM
(11-07-2016 05:14 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The ignore button...like salve on a wound. Thumbsup

Yeah, my ignore list has been growing lately and I see no signs of that trend reversing. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
11-07-2016, 08:03 PM
(11-07-2016 06:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 05:14 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The ignore button...like salve on a wound. Thumbsup

Yeah, my ignore list has been growing lately and I see no signs of that trend reversing. Undecided

We should compare notes Evil_monster

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post