Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-07-2016, 03:45 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Just got coffee from Uganda and Santo Domingo. Hope it will be good.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
13-07-2016, 05:14 AM
(13-07-2016 03:45 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Just got coffee from Uganda and Santo Domingo. Hope it will be good.

Enjoy your coffee! If the opportunity ever presents itself, I'd also recommend Jamacian Blue Mountain, Kona coffee from Hawaii or any ground from Costa Rica.Drooling
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
13-07-2016, 05:42 AM
(13-07-2016 05:14 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Enjoy your coffee!

I am. Ugandian one I left for later but one from SD is good if not outstanding.

Quote: If the opportunity ever presents itself, I'd also recommend Jamacian Blue Mountain, Kona coffee from Hawaii or any ground from Costa Rica.Drooling

There will be opportunity so thanks for reccomendations.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
13-07-2016, 06:24 AM
I took this video a couple years ago.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
13-07-2016, 07:51 AM
Today I met an Iranian Canadian Trump supporter. For some reason it amused me. Interesting guy, in any case.

'Murican Canadian
13-07-2016, 10:52 AM
A young bear somehow got inside a car and proceeded to dismatle it. No one was hurt and the bear was set free. Video.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn...ur-subaru/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
13-07-2016, 10:55 AM
(13-07-2016 07:51 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Today I met an Iranian Canadian Trump supporter. For some reason it amused me. Interesting guy, in any case.

Maybe he is actually here legally and is annoyed by all the ones that come in illegally and lower our wages. It is kind of hard to stand firm to try to get better pay when you have millions of illegals willing to do the job for far less.
13-07-2016, 01:26 PM
Had one of my students from last semester drop by to chat and talk about Pokemon Go. When he found out I didn't have it due to no smart phone, we ended up walking around campus so I could see the Poke Stops and Gym.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
13-07-2016, 03:35 PM
Kinda a long story:

Friend on fb has had a terrible year. A close family member Dx'd with cancer. Another family member has had health issues, but not serious, just annoying...

So now another family member is ill, seriously so, and they posted that they're asking for prayers.

Because I like this person and she rarely posts religious stuff I offered her 'thoughts'

One of her friends replied to my comment saying "I hope by thoughts you meant praying because thoughts do nothing."

I was tempted to reply but decided to let it go.

My friend fired back at her friend...telling her to mind her own business and said "if [my name] wants to just let me know that she's thinking about me and my family that's good enough for me."

Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 8 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-07-2016, 03:36 PM
(13-07-2016 03:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Kinda a long story:

Friend on fb has had a terrible year. A close family member Dx'd with cancer. Another family member has had health issues, but not serious, just annoying...

So now another family member is ill, seriously so, and they posted that they're asking for prayers.

Because I like this person and she rarely posts religious stuff I offered her 'thoughts'

One of her friends replied to my comment saying "I hope by thoughts you meant praying because thoughts do nothing."

I was tempted to reply but decided to let it go.

My friend fired back at her friend...telling her to mind her own business and said "if [my name] wants to just let me know that she's thinking about me and my family that's good enough for me."

Heart

Those type of people you just wanna slap.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post