Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-07-2016, 03:39 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(13-07-2016 03:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Kinda a long story:

Friend on fb has had a terrible year. A close family member Dx'd with cancer. Another family member has had health issues, but not serious, just annoying...

So now another family member is ill, seriously so, and they posted that they're asking for prayers.

Because I like this person and she rarely posts religious stuff I offered her 'thoughts'

One of her friends replied to my comment saying "I hope by thoughts you meant praying because thoughts do nothing."

I was tempted to reply but decided to let it go.

My friend fired back at her friend...telling her to mind her own business and said "if [my name] wants to just let me know that she's thinking about me and my family that's good enough for me."

Heart

Apparently friend of friend doesn't feel you are thinking in the right direction.

Luckily friend gets it. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-07-2016, 03:41 PM
So, yeah, I am unemployed. That sucks.

I got to turn my alarm clock off. Thumbsup Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

13-07-2016, 03:45 PM
(13-07-2016 03:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So, yeah, I am unemployed. That sucks.

That's probably the only silver lining. Always look at the bright side. Smile

I'm sure Girly will be along to post the vid. Tongue

I'm sorry they did this.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

13-07-2016, 05:49 PM

Maybe this will turn into a good thing. They treated you like shit and walked all over you at that job. The next place you find might be a million times better and you will be kicking yourself that you stayed so long on a sinking ship. I know a lot of people that getting fired from a job they hate was the best thing to ever happen to them. I hope you will be another. Good luck finding something better.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
13-07-2016, 05:51 PM
(13-07-2016 05:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Maybe this will turn into a good thing. They treated you like shit and walked all over you at that job. The next place you find might be a million times better and you will be kicking yourself that you stayed so long on a sinking ship. I know a lot of people that getting fired from a job they hate was the best thing to ever happen to them. I hope you will be another. Good luck finding something better.

At this point I am thinking being a greeter at Walmart would be better. Undecided

But that would require interaction with Walmartians. Weeping

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
14-07-2016, 08:39 AM
(08-07-2016 09:27 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 08:40 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Jawfishes are a real interesting family. The male mouth broods the eggs and aerates them from time to time. When males are fighting for territory or females they show their enormous jaws complete with funky markings. They also do a lot of house cleaning as you can see starting at 35 seconds.

Cool! Yes The fauna seem sparse there. Or is it just a small area that you were in?

Oops, didn’t see your post until now. Their habitat is in sand and rubble, it can seem sparse unless you know where and how to look, what we call having a ‘search image’ in mind. Once you know the how and where a new world opens up and you wonder to yourself, ‘how in the hell did I miss all of that in the first place?’. Big Grin

We teach this all the time in our presentations, not just how to ID the species but where and how to find it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-07-2016, 08:44 AM

You lost your job?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-07-2016, 02:49 PM
(14-07-2016 08:44 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

You lost your job?

Yes, they are moving it to Colorado. They said they were going to in January, then asked me to stay so I did. Yesterday morning the HR guy came in and said it's over.

I'll find something.

Planned to get in the pool today but since the temp outside is near that of the surface of the sun I changed my plans. I did some binge watching (re-watching actually) of this season of Game of Thrones.

I also did some dusting and replacing items that were moved during the painting and flooring process in an attempt to get thing back into place around here.

It's not supposed to be quite so hot tomorrow so that will make for a better day in the pool...the dogs like to be outside when I am but they don't need to be outside when it's 100 degrees and I don't need a sunburn. Low 90s will be better.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-07-2016, 03:35 PM
Returning to the forum to annoy people.
[+] 8 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
14-07-2016, 03:48 PM
(14-07-2016 03:35 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Returning to the forum to annoy people.

[Image: tZOS8.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post