Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-07-2016, 11:08 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(16-07-2016 10:52 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Little backstory since I didn't share this with many but last weekend my brother went to ER with dizziness, coughing blood and jaundice. The dizziness was diagnosed as vertigo but they were not sure of the rest, they hinted at liver cancer but wasn't 100% sure. He had a biopsy done today and they found out it wasn't cancer but a blood clot in his stomach. He had it fixed and is on the road to recovery.

So glad he's okay! *hugs*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-07-2016, 08:35 AM
This is Gracie.
She's a rescue dog we got about a month ago. She's about 7 mos. old and quite frisky.

[Image: MH5MAX5.jpg]
[+] 13 users Like pablo's post
18-07-2016, 09:31 AM
(18-07-2016 08:35 AM)pablo Wrote:  This is Gracie.
She's a rescue dog we got about a month ago. She's about 7 mos. old and quite frisky.

[Image: MH5MAX5.jpg]

Looks like a real sweetie! And at 7 months, gotta be full of frisk.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
18-07-2016, 09:38 AM
The older dogs (including Chop when he was alive) didn't care much for Blue the cat. The girls (Lady and Karma) have never been thrilled with Ziggy. But Ziggy and Blue have struck up a friendship that often results in one chasing the other through the house. They have become buddies. Smile

Here is how they spent part of yesterday afternoon.

[Image: Blue%20and%20Ziggy_zpsj65yhyvn.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 12 users Like Anjele's post
18-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Every time I heat up my lunch (I bring leftovers) at work, I gots the ladies up here telling me how good it smells and how it must be nice to have somebody to cook for me. It is nice. It's a daily reminder of how much he spoils me. Tongue

Thanks, Revs. Heart

[+] 11 users Like Escape Artist's post
19-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Went to urgent care with a thigh pain that didn't go away; they thought it was a blood clot...it wasn't, or ultrasound said no anyhow. They said watch it for a few days and make sure it doesn't get hot or swollen.

While there, two things made me smile:
1) I'm down 54 pounds now from my highest weight. Smile

2) I was stuck behind some slow people in a hallway on the way to ultrasound, when this kid's mom goes, "We can't wander around the hospital playing Pokemon all day!" Smiled, "Anything good?" "I JUST GOT A LICKITUNG!!" Big Grin

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
20-07-2016, 10:51 AM
Just bought my sister's birthday gift. I have to wait about two weeks to give it to her (and it won't be here for about six days anyway), but I'm so excited I want to spoil it right now. I think she's going to really like it. Big Grin

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 3 users Like CleverUsername's post
21-07-2016, 07:58 PM
Koalas are small enough to fit in here, right?

[Image: 48e46c8f-7153-413a-96c8-12cb48c13b82.jpg]

21-07-2016, 08:12 PM
Kroger's new ClickList...I just placed my first grocery order and can pick it up at 9 in the morning. I hate going to the grocery store so I hope this works out well. First three orders the service charge is waived but at $4.95 if this works well it will be worth the cost in the future. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-07-2016, 08:25 PM
(21-07-2016 08:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Kroger's new ClickList...I just placed my first grocery order and can pick it up at 9 in the morning. I hate going to the grocery store so I hope this works out well. First three orders the service charge is waived but at $4.95 if this works well it will be worth the cost in the future. Smile

If I am solo, I can drive to CostCo, buy the list I took, and drive home in less than 40 minutes. People who wander through the store touching every item better watch out for me; I drive a pretty high speed down the aisles. I don't like the idea of other people selecting my vegies, so I buy almost all of them at a local farmer's market. CostCo has too much in the way of spoiled vegies. Having them shipped from Central/South America has to play into that. For the life of me, I don't understand why I have to buy a melon from Guatemala, when we grow them right here in California. Huh

As far as the $5 goes, that is a reasonable cost for not having to run around the store, depending on your cash flow.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post