Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-07-2016, 08:30 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(21-07-2016 08:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 08:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Kroger's new ClickList...I just placed my first grocery order and can pick it up at 9 in the morning. I hate going to the grocery store so I hope this works out well. First three orders the service charge is waived but at $4.95 if this works well it will be worth the cost in the future. Smile

If I am solo, I can drive to CostCo, buy the list I took, and drive home in less than 40 minutes. People who wander through the store touching every item better watch out for me; I drive a pretty high speed down the aisles. I don't like the idea of other people selecting my vegies, so I buy almost all of them at a local farmer's market. CostCo has too much in the way of spoiled vegies. Having them shipped from Central/South America has to play into that. For the life of me, I don't understand why I have to buy a melon from Guatemala, when we grow them right here in California. Huh

As far as the $5 goes, that is a reasonable cost for not having to run around the store, depending on your cash flow.

If we need meat or vegies I will go to the store. This is mostly supplemental groceries. The usual things...tea bags, sugar, some canned goods, paper towels, things I buy so often they are already listed as suggestions.

I still feel pretty crappy and since the fee was waived this time I figured it was a good time to try it out.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-07-2016, 09:16 PM
Had a nice dinner out with my new coworker.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
21-07-2016, 09:20 PM
(14-07-2016 03:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 03:35 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Returning to the forum to annoy people.

Annoy? If I say I'm annoyed will you stay? Wink

That would work...

Cash prizes work too. Wink
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
21-07-2016, 10:25 PM
(21-07-2016 08:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 08:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  If I am solo, I can drive to CostCo, buy the list I took, and drive home in less than 40 minutes. People who wander through the store touching every item better watch out for me; I drive a pretty high speed down the aisles. I don't like the idea of other people selecting my vegies, so I buy almost all of them at a local farmer's market. CostCo has too much in the way of spoiled vegies. Having them shipped from Central/South America has to play into that. For the life of me, I don't understand why I have to buy a melon from Guatemala, when we grow them right here in California. Huh

As far as the $5 goes, that is a reasonable cost for not having to run around the store, depending on your cash flow.

If we need meat or vegies I will go to the store. This is mostly supplemental groceries. The usual things...tea bags, sugar, some canned goods, paper towels, things I buy so often they are already listed as suggestions.

I still feel pretty crappy and since the fee was waived this time I figured it was a good time to try it out.

Makes sense! Save time and effort when you are under the weather.
21-07-2016, 10:31 PM
(21-07-2016 09:20 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 03:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  Annoy? If I say I'm annoyed will you stay? Wink

That would work...

[Image: EdFs4ok.jpg]

I through you a dollar! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
22-07-2016, 05:43 AM
(21-07-2016 08:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 08:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Kroger's new ClickList...I just placed my first grocery order and can pick it up at 9 in the morning. I hate going to the grocery store so I hope this works out well. First three orders the service charge is waived but at $4.95 if this works well it will be worth the cost in the future. Smile

If I am solo, I can drive to CostCo, buy the list I took, and drive home in less than 40 minutes. People who wander through the store touching every item better watch out for me; I drive a pretty high speed down the aisles. I don't like the idea of other people selecting my vegies, so I buy almost all of them at a local farmer's market. CostCo has too much in the way of spoiled vegies. Having them shipped from Central/South America has to play into that. For the life of me, I don't understand why I have to buy a melon from Guatemala, when we grow them right here in California. Huh

Buying veggies and melons is a winter thing for us. We grow our own over the summer. Right now, we are growing a pile of corn, tomatoes, green beans, water melons, pumpkins, and a few other things. Our garden has a slightly larger footprint than the house does right now.
23-07-2016, 09:43 AM
My sister has an excellent crop of bud in the garden. Catnip bud : )

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
23-07-2016, 10:04 AM
(21-07-2016 10:31 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 09:20 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  That would work...

[Image: EdFs4ok.jpg]

I through you a dollar! Big Grin

Pole dancing sloth just made me smile, even though I was all frowny. Thanks.

24-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Can't edit last post, so...one of my friends from a cohort behind mine in grad school just came up with a great activity for when we discuss the difference between deviance and crime (deviance not necessarily being criminal, but all crimes being technically deviant). Anyhow, her assignment to her summer session students, "Take a Disney character, what can you change about them to make them deviant? Criminal?" The example was Cindarella wearing pants in a time when only dresses were acceptable, for deviance. And for criminal, murdering her stepsisters and stepmother and desecrating their bodies, before marrying the prince....did I mention she said her students escalated things quickly? They escalated quickly.

That said, I think this is a brilliant group activity that should get people thinking and laughing during discussions.

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
25-07-2016, 01:25 AM
(24-07-2016 09:38 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Can't edit last post, so...one of my friends from a cohort behind mine in grad school just came up with a great activity for when we discuss the difference between deviance and crime (deviance not necessarily being criminal, but all crimes being technically deviant). Anyhow, her assignment to her summer session students, "Take a Disney character, what can you change about them to make them deviant? Criminal?" The example was Cindarella wearing pants in a time when only dresses were acceptable, for deviance. And for criminal, murdering her stepsisters and stepmother and desecrating their bodies, before marrying the prince....did I mention she said her students escalated things quickly? They escalated quickly.

That said, I think this is a brilliant group activity that should get people thinking and laughing during discussions.

Actually does sound like an interesting activity.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post