Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-08-2016, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2016 07:20 AM by Anjele.)
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Big thing actually...
I just had an hour long conversation with my younger daughter. That might not seem like much but for the last couple years she has been battling addiction issues again and at the first of the this year we were really concerned for her well-being. It's been rare that I even hear from her.

She called me and we had a great talk. She sounds really, really good! She filled me in on what's going on with the kids. She wanted to talk about how good the house looks (she has seen pics on Facebook).

Seriously, the best, most enjoyable conversation I have had with her in a really long time. I don't know what's happened or what has changed in her world but I am happy about whatever it is. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Anjele's post
17-08-2016, 08:58 PM
(17-08-2016 08:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Big thing actually...
I just had an hour long conversation with my younger daughter. That might not seem like much but for the last couple years she has been battling addition issues again and at the first of the this year we were really concerned for her well-being. It's been rare that I even hear from her.

She called me and we had a great talk. She sounds really, really good! She filled me in on what's going on with the kids. She wanted to talk about how good the house looks (she has seen pics on Facebook).

Seriously, the best, most enjoyable conversation I have had with her in a really long time. I don't know what's happened or what has changed in her world but I am happy about whatever it is. Smile

That's great news! Hug
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
17-08-2016, 09:20 PM
I just had an hour long conversation with my younger daughter. That might not seem like much but for the last couple years she has been battling addition issues again and at the first of the this year we were really concerned for her well-being. It's been rare that I even hear from her.

Maybe somebody realized that mom was right about a lot of stuff. Maturation will do that. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
18-08-2016, 05:19 AM

That's wonderful, Anje!

... don't know how I'm going to follow that up with my thing. I mean, all I have is that I got home and my internet is first-world speed...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
18-08-2016, 06:52 AM
(17-08-2016 08:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  ...for the last couple years she has been battling addition issues ...

glad to hear that her troubles are no longer multiplying.
Big Grin

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
18-08-2016, 07:19 AM
(18-08-2016 06:52 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 08:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  ...for the last couple years she has been battling addition issues ...

Big Grin

That was a bit obtuse

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
18-08-2016, 07:21 AM
(18-08-2016 06:52 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

Big Grin

My bad, I was excited when I was typing. Blush

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

18-08-2016, 07:38 AM
(18-08-2016 07:19 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 06:52 AM)unfogged Wrote:  glad to hear that her troubles are no longer multiplying.
Big Grin

That was a bit obtuse

Just trying to cover all the angles.

18-08-2016, 07:41 AM
(18-08-2016 07:21 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 06:52 AM)unfogged Wrote:  glad to hear that her troubles are no longer multiplying.
Big Grin

My bad, I was excited when I was typing. Blush

No intent to downplay addiction issues or the positive changes you are seeing; I just thought the typo itself was funny.

Yes, I know that I have a warped sense of humor.

[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
18-08-2016, 07:44 AM
(18-08-2016 07:41 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 07:21 AM)Anjele Wrote:  My bad, I was excited when I was typing. Blush

No intent to downplay addiction issues or the positive changes you are seeing; I just thought the typo itself was funny.

Yes, I know that I have a warped sense of humor.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post