Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-08-2016, 06:37 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(22-08-2016 01:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 11:50 AM)Anjele Wrote:  The new school year has started for all the grandkids...

The Bail heading off to sixth grade.

[Image: Bailey%202016%20school_zpspx8pqcwp.jpg]

Trey and Zyler heading to 5K and 4th grade...

[Image: Z%20and%20T%202016%20School_zpsd9gto7vh.jpg]

Bonus granddaughter, Madison, heading to 2nd grade and a new school...

[Image: Madison%202016%20school_zps9xrwrusk.jpg]

I like the sticker ... make sure he gets on the right bus. Facepalm
Big Grin
I didn't always get that part right. Weeping

How so? The short one is so easy to spot. Consider

Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-08-2016, 08:47 AM
(25-08-2016 06:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Heywood Jahblome Laughat

Too soon?

Angel

Nope. Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
25-08-2016, 09:40 AM
Sloth rescue. Big Grin
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/...31558241=1

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-08-2016, 09:50 AM
(25-08-2016 09:40 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sloth rescue. Big Grin
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/...31558241=1

Nice.

Quick personal story regarding sloths.
I lived in South America for 3 years, the back of our home overlooked the forest and a winding stream. It was home to Speedy, a three-toed sloth.

One day while watching Speedy make his way across two branches one broke. There hung Speedy holding on to both, eyeing each suspiciously as if thinking, “Which one do I let go of?”.

Four of us yelled, “Drop the left one Speedy, the left one. Hold on to the right one!”

It took him a good ten seconds to make the decision, and he plunged to his...

Nah, just kidding, he dropped the broken branch and continued on his merry way. Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
25-08-2016, 11:40 AM
I did smile, but my female friends guffawed.

I think you will guess the context. I think it is a new, er, suggestion:

"Tell him to stick it in the mincer."

Variation, "Aw, go stick it in the mincer."

Sorry if your eyes are watering, guys!

Big Grin

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
26-08-2016, 12:35 AM
(25-08-2016 11:40 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  I did smile, but my female friends guffawed.

I think you will guess the context. I think it is a new, er, suggestion:

"Tell him to stick it in the mincer."

Variation, "Aw, go stick it in the mincer."

Sorry if your eyes are watering, guys!

Big Grin

Sadcryface Minced meat

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-08-2016, 06:54 AM
So my mom took my son school-clothes shopping the other day (which, I am grateful for because my funds were tight this summer and I could use the help) and when she was asking him where he wanted to go look, she said we could go anywhere "but not to Target - we are boycotting them because they let men who dress up like women go into the women's bathrooms" and then went on to explain to my kid what a boycott is.

Well, fast forward to yesterday and I needed to pick up the remainder of my son's school supplies. The options were more or less Wal-Mart, H-E-B (a local grocer), or Target. I try to avoid Wal-Mart at all costs because of their shitty business practices so that was right out. I love H-E-B but while they have some office/school stuff I wasn't sure if they'd have everything I needed, so Target it was. Plus, Rev and I saw some protesters standing outside Target last weekend or so and well, that made us want to give Target our business even more. Tongue

So Target it was. Nice and quiet in the store, got my stuff easily, etc. Reminded my son this morning to grab the rest of his school supplies and he just grabbed the shopping bag of stuff instead of putting it in his backpack. Met my mom with the kids and the boy almost walked off without grabbing it so again I reminded him. It wasn't until the kids hopped in the car with my mom and they started pulling away that it dawned on me that he'd brought a Target bag filled with things I'd bought at "zeh evil" Target into my mom's vehicle. Laugh out load Oh well. Fuck your bigotry, mother. At least I don't have that nagging feeling of guilt about giving my money to Target like I do when I go to Wal-Mart.

[+] 10 users Like Escape Artist's post
26-08-2016, 04:59 PM
My husband has been offered a new job with a $20K raise, yay, but mostly it's happy because his current company has been taken over by fuckwits, and if he wasn't going to get a new job he was going to be miserable. Plus my son is going off to college in eight days. All of the above ought to make me more happy than I am feeling, actually. Instead I'm panicked and worried. I would love an extra small thing that makes me smile because all of my big changes are adding up to a grimace (ut that cat won't purr for me, so I guess I'm fucked in that department).
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
26-08-2016, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2016 11:45 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Got to play Settlers of Catan with some friends from other departments tonight. At some point the woman from the Art department began to channel a mix of Genghis Khan and a Star Trek Ferengi. Each game she had the largest road, largest army, kept rolling for the best resources and driving hard bargains for those of us who were starving for them. Great fun, great banter. Sadly, as the sober person there, I still lost both games. Other two folks finished two bottles of wine between them and one had some whiskey as well.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
28-08-2016, 07:19 PM
Today is my grandson's 5th birthday. A picture of him is above at post #5122. I just got off the phone with him. He has had two days of birthday parties and was super excited because Batman came to his party today. Big Grin If my daughter posts pics of him with Batman I will come back and add one.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post