Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-09-2016, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2016 02:19 PM by Anjele.)
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Back in 2000 one my younger daughter's friends moved in with us shortly before their high school graduation. Her mother had kicked her out because she wouldn't stop dating her black boyfriend. The mother was a total racist and even attended some klan meetings in the area. Her racial hatred was quite specific it seems as her daughter was half white and half American Indian. Undecided

The young lady married the guy she was dating and had a son. Her mother pretty much totally rejected them both. The marriage was short-lived and the young lady eventually joined the military which took her and her son to CA for a time.

I reconnected with the young lady on FB not long ago. She just had her second child - another child fathered by a black man. Her mother makes very nice comments on her page...things like - my handsome grandson and my beautiful daughter and granddaughter.

Some messaging back and forth with the young lady made me smile...her mother has set (at least some) of her racist nature behind and has finally embraced her daughter and her grandkids. That makes me happy. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
02-09-2016, 02:09 PM
Victory? Been going back and forth with doc's office via phone all week, nurses have been saying "well you should go to the emergency room", asked them to actually ask the doctor for a second opinion, because I think I have acid reflux. Finally they did, got back to me, "Okay we consulted doctor. She thinks you have Gastroesphogal Reflux Disease. So we're going to prescribe something next week for it." What is GERD? Acid reflux.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
02-09-2016, 02:14 PM
(02-09-2016 02:09 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Victory? Been going back and forth with doc's office via phone all week, nurses have been saying "well you should go to the emergency room", asked them to actually ask the doctor for a second opinion, because I think I have acid reflux. Finally they did, got back to me, "Okay we consulted doctor. She thinks you have Gastroesphogal Reflux Disease. So we're going to prescribe something next week for it." What is GERD? Acid reflux.

You can buy omeprazole OTC in the US but it's a hell of a lot cheaper if you got a script and insurance.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-09-2016, 02:18 PM
(02-09-2016 02:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 02:09 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Victory? Been going back and forth with doc's office via phone all week, nurses have been saying "well you should go to the emergency room", asked them to actually ask the doctor for a second opinion, because I think I have acid reflux. Finally they did, got back to me, "Okay we consulted doctor. She thinks you have Gastroesphogal Reflux Disease. So we're going to prescribe something next week for it." What is GERD? Acid reflux.

You can buy omeprazole OTC in the US but it's a hell of a lot cheaper if you got a script and insurance.

Thanks, do have the insurance, so hopefully the script will work out. I'd been trying Fantomidine (sp?) from Wal-Mart and it had moderately helped, but not entirely. I also want to say not disparaging nurses as a whole, just my doc's...this is all after I had to also play phone tag with them after they forgot to send the proper data to the sleep apnea machine folks for two months.

02-09-2016, 02:29 PM
(02-09-2016 02:18 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 02:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You can buy omeprazole OTC in the US but it's a hell of a lot cheaper if you got a script and insurance.

Thanks, do have the insurance, so hopefully the script will work out. I'd been trying Fantomidine (sp?) from Wal-Mart and it had moderately helped, but not entirely. I also want to say not disparaging nurses as a whole, just my doc's...this is all after I had to also play phone tag with them after they forgot to send the proper data to the sleep apnea machine folks for two months.

Might want to take both. That's what I'm gonna do. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-09-2016, 02:58 PM
I seem to be recovering from the tubal sterilization (I kept saying ligation but that's not technically what it was since the doctor burned the tubes using an electric current) pretty well. Minimal pain today - not enough to warrant the hydrocodone or high-dose ibuprofen so I just took a couple of regular ibuprofen. Main thing now is just waiting for the slight swelling in my tummy to go down. Hobo

[+] 5 users Like Escape Artist's post
02-09-2016, 03:07 PM
(02-09-2016 02:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 02:18 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Thanks, do have the insurance, so hopefully the script will work out. I'd been trying Fantomidine (sp?) from Wal-Mart and it had moderately helped, but not entirely. I also want to say not disparaging nurses as a whole, just my doc's...this is all after I had to also play phone tag with them after they forgot to send the proper data to the sleep apnea machine folks for two months.

Might want to take both. That's what I'm gonna do. Thumbsup

Will do. Not going to turn down advice from someone who's been there. Thanks Girly!

02-09-2016, 03:27 PM
(02-09-2016 03:07 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 02:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Might want to take both. That's what I'm gonna do. Thumbsup

Will do. Not going to turn down advice from someone who's been there. Thanks Girly!

I'm on ondanestron and Carafate too as needed. Carafate is the most effective of all but they won't give it to me long-term.

#sigh
02-09-2016, 06:38 PM
(02-09-2016 03:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 03:07 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Will do. Not going to turn down advice from someone who's been there. Thanks Girly!

I'm on ondanestron and Carafate too as needed. Carafate is the most effective of all but they won't give it to me long-term.

They're supposed to call back at some point with whatever they intend here...not today, because doc isn't in the office on Fridays, even if her nurses are. Not Monday, because of it being a holiday. Then it usually takes 1-2 days for them to return phone calls, so...know by next Thursday hopefully? Sounds right.

02-09-2016, 07:51 PM

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post