Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-09-2016, 01:11 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(07-09-2016 01:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 04:15 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I just found five bottles of wine tucked away in my closet that I forgot all about. What a pleasant surprise. Smile

Would've been if they weren't all Manischewitz.

Only the Reform Jews drink Manishewitz wine. That stuff is disgusting. That's one kind of alcohol that can safely sit in my home totally untouched. The other kind of wine I can't stand is moscato. It can also sit on the counter for months without anyone touching it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
07-09-2016, 01:51 PM
(05-09-2016 04:39 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Someone just told me Force Unleashed from 360 is now backwards compatible with the One. Time to go be a ridiculously overpowered Jedi.

Small smile update...as of last night, on second playthrough. Now totally overpowered for lower levels of game, with black blade lightsaber. Still feels so relaxing to pick up one guy with the Force, zap him with Force lightning, throw him back into his friends to explode in electrical discharges, then grab the one survivor with Force Grip, impale him with a saber throw while he floats there, then toss him down a pit...and then turn around and use the Force to blow two guys off some junk into an acid river.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2016, 03:10 PM
(07-09-2016 01:11 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 01:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Would've been if they weren't all Manischewitz.

Only the Reform Jews drink Manishewitz wine. That stuff is disgusting. That's one kind of alcohol that can safely sit in my home totally untouched. The other kind of wine I can't stand is moscato. It can also sit on the counter for months without anyone touching it.

I knew guys when I was young who used to drink Mad Dog 20/20 for a cheap drunk. They tell me the hangovers were pretty bad. Urban Dictionary says, "As majestic as the cascading waters of a drain pipe...". Laugh out load

Now, if all hard liquor tasted like gin or tequila, I wouldn't drink that, either.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
07-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Fire ball wrote:
Quote:Now, if all hard liquor tasted like gin . . .

I also hated gin once, like it now. The reason may make you smile as well!

After chatting to her in the pub I took this woman out to dinner. We ended back at her place.

"What do you want to drink?" she asked.

"Black coffee if I'm going home tonight."

"Gin and tonic then, it's all I have."

Liked it ever since!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
07-09-2016, 06:37 PM
(07-09-2016 03:18 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Fire ball wrote:
Quote:Now, if all hard liquor tasted like gin . . .

I also hated gin once, like it now. The reason may make you smile as well!

After chatting to her in the pub I took this woman out to dinner. We ended back at her place.

"What do you want to drink?" she asked.

"Black coffee if I'm going home tonight."

"Gin and tonic then, it's all I have."

Liked it ever since!

OK, I'd take it, in that case. But one of her potted plants would have died a gruesome death. Facepalm
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
09-09-2016, 11:23 PM
This is a REALLY small thing that makes me smile.
A robot.
Inside the eye.
Rolleyes
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-10/ro...ry/7832968

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-09-2016, 02:22 AM
Watching old episodes of Qi ... and waiting for new ones... while drinking a nice wine and browsing the forum. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
10-09-2016, 10:34 AM
Smile My son finally got most of his house repaired this week. He had a new roof put on a while back but his contractor wasn't moving forward to do the inside work. I pretty much sweet talked our second contractor into helping him out. His garage now has a ceiling again and the rest of the ceilings in the house have been repaired/repainted and he paid them to repaint the living room in colors other than the same color that had been throughout the house. Went over there last night to see the results and it looks nice...tomorrow will be five months since the storm.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-09-2016, 11:21 AM
Had 2 old guys in the service waiting area this morning talking about cars...

One guy said "I think my next car will be a Ford".

The other guy replied "sure buy a Ford, and you'll get to see the world on foot!"

Laugh out load

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 3 users Like unsapien's post
10-09-2016, 11:24 AM
(10-09-2016 11:21 AM)unsapien Wrote:  Had 2 old guys in the service waiting area this morning talking about cars...

One guy said "I think my next car will be a Ford".

The other guy replied "sure buy a Ford, and you'll get to see the world on foot!"

Laugh out load

Fixed
Or
Repaired
Daily

Found
On the
Road
Dead

Learned through years of being married to a mechanic. Tongue

His only exception to the rule is the Mustang.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post