Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
10-09-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
FORD is a backwards acronym for Driver Returns On Foot.

Just to show I'm equal opportunity, Chevrolet has been pronounced "Shove it or leave it" by some people I know.

I have one of each.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
10-09-2016, 12:55 PM
Zig's a handful but he has the cuteness.

[Image: ziggycuteness_zps9qr7xmcu.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
10-09-2016, 06:03 PM
(10-09-2016 11:24 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 11:21 AM)unsapien Wrote:  Had 2 old guys in the service waiting area this morning talking about cars...

One guy said "I think my next car will be a Ford".

The other guy replied "sure buy a Ford, and you'll get to see the world on foot!"

Laugh out load

Fixed
Or
Repaired
Daily

Found
On the
Road
Dead

Learned through years of being married to a mechanic. Tongue

His only exception to the rule is the Mustang.

When I was younger, my parents had a Ford that kept moving while the parking break was on. Including once at the bank in the drive through lane. We took it to the Ford dealership, the mechanic looked at it and told us "the bank moved, because that car didn't" verbatim...and then the car slid into the side of the building while the parking break was engaged. My parents have not bought a Ford in the 20+ years since.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
10-09-2016, 08:49 PM
(10-09-2016 12:45 PM)Fireball Wrote:  FORD is a backwards acronym for Driver Returns On Foot.

Just to show I'm equal opportunity, Chevrolet has been pronounced "Shove it or leave it" by some people I know.

I have one of each.

[Image: 41JND8h47dL.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
10-09-2016, 09:39 PM
(10-09-2016 08:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 12:45 PM)Fireball Wrote:  FORD is a backwards acronym for Driver Returns On Foot.

I have one of each.

[Image: 41JND8h47dL.jpg]

I "liked" your post, but as one of my friend's father said, "That's just arguing about whose machine is best!". I have a '70 Chevy truck that had ALL the original suspension and steering components on it, at 47 years old and 217,000 miles. I rebuilt the suspension and steering only because I wanted front disc brakes, and I can't stand getting that far into a vehicle without doing the rest of the maintenance/upgrades. I could probably have just rebuilt/replaced the front wheel cylinders and relined the front brakes, and been done with it. Maybe replace the brake drums if they were sufficiently worn (which I didn't even check, since I was going to disc brakes- I just recycled the drums and spindles). There is a reason manufacturers have gone to front disc brakes as a standard...they are safer.
12-09-2016, 03:32 PM
More laugh than smile, but my mother has been learning how to text. Now that dad is retired too, she can't call unless she's sitting in the car, or he'll try to listen. So I keep getting texts like "Dad's new phone cost $85.77" for a new flip phone at our provider, after he decided to go fishing with it in his pocket and fell in the water, rather than leaving it with mom at the top of the path. (He also ruined a digital camera they're not replacing.) Anyhow, mom resisted learning how to text for years, but dad's been retired less than two weeks and I've already gotten about 20 texts from her. (She's also rather unhappy, and I don't blame her, that his response to needing a new phone after ruining his was to tell her she'll just have to substitute more in her retirement, to make the money up.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
14-09-2016, 03:55 PM
I FOUND A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I start Monday. Small office that's only eight miles from home. I won't be doing all the different aspects of bookkeeping like I usually do but will be doing accounts payable and will be learning purchasing. Later I will be backup for some of the other aspects of the accounting department.

It's a company that puts in flooring in auto dealerships all over the country and overseas.

Casual dress, easy commute.

I'm excited. Thumbsup

I know you guys are going to miss my constant presence. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 11 users Like Anjele's post
14-09-2016, 04:03 PM
(14-09-2016 03:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I FOUND A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I start Monday. Small office that's only eight miles from home. I won't be doing all the different aspects of bookkeeping like I usually do but will be doing accounts payable and will be learning purchasing. Later I will be backup for some of the other aspects of the accounting department.

It's a company that puts in flooring in auto dealerships all over the country and overseas.

Casual dress, easy commute.

I'm excited. Thumbsup

I know you guys are going to miss my constant presence. Tongue

Clap CONGRATULATIONS!! Clap

Sounds pretty cushy. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-09-2016, 04:06 PM
Congratulations!

(14-09-2016 03:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's a company that puts in flooring in auto dealerships all over the country and overseas.

That seems oddly specific

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
14-09-2016, 04:12 PM
(14-09-2016 04:06 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Congratulations!

(14-09-2016 03:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's a company that puts in flooring in auto dealerships all over the country and overseas.

That seems oddly specific

Apparently each auto manufacturer has a theme...who knew?

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post