Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-11-2016, 01:40 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(02-11-2016 12:49 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I greased the pole leading up to my bird feeder to keep the thieving squirrels off. I think watching them try to climb it is more entertaining than the birds.

We had squirrels climbing up the corner of the building and getting into the roof.

I hot melt glued a right angled sheet of plastic on the corner, level with my window. Great to watch them trying to get a grip on it. And failing miserably!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
02-11-2016, 03:56 PM
I parallel parked my car today! This would be my first parallel parking, and I executed the maneuver with the expertise and seamless precision of a non-Floridian!
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
02-11-2016, 04:16 PM
(02-11-2016 03:56 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I parallel parked my car today! This would be my first parallel parking, and I executed the maneuver with the expertise and seamless precision of a non-Floridian!

Which means you side-swiped both cars and bent their bumpers. Snowbird. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
02-11-2016, 06:01 PM
I came home at lunch today to find no chaos caused by Ziggy Mahn.

Husband has been working longer, odd hours this week so I have been making a mad dash to the house to let the dogs out and refill my iced tea supply. Monday was the eaten bookmark and the mess that made. Yesterday was a shredded Scentsy catalog. Today Zig made it till lunch without creating a mess.

If I could just figure out how a camera remote ended up in the floor... Consider

I have never used it and it should have been in an end table that can only be opened by a creature with opposable thumbs. Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
02-11-2016, 07:45 PM
Continuing from my previous thought... My girlfriend got like 4 different bird feeders over the past two weeks, so we're kind of getting carried away with it. Look at this fat little thing trying to see how many peanuts it can fit into it's face hole at a time. Laugh out load

[Image: DsumH31.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
02-11-2016, 07:47 PM
The Mexican guy at my favorite Mexican restaurant calls me Jennifer Lopez. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
02-11-2016, 10:44 PM
(02-11-2016 07:47 PM)jennybee Wrote:  The Mexican guy at my favorite Mexican restaurant calls me Jennifer Lopez. Smile

Whoa, there was a Mexican guy at a Mexican restaurant?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
03-11-2016, 04:27 AM
(02-11-2016 10:44 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(02-11-2016 07:47 PM)jennybee Wrote:  The Mexican guy at my favorite Mexican restaurant calls me Jennifer Lopez. Smile

Whoa, there was a Mexican guy at a Mexican restaurant?

Well, it's authentic Wink. That's why it's so good Drooling We have some mexican restaurants here that are not authentic and are nowhere near as good.
03-11-2016, 05:35 AM
(02-11-2016 07:45 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Continuing from my previous thought... My girlfriend got like 4 different bird feeders over the past two weeks, so we're kind of getting carried away with it. Look at this fat little thing trying to see how many peanuts it can fit into it's face hole at a time. Laugh out load

That would be called prepping for winter.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
03-11-2016, 06:45 AM
(03-11-2016 05:35 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(02-11-2016 07:45 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Continuing from my previous thought... My girlfriend got like 4 different bird feeders over the past two weeks, so we're kind of getting carried away with it. Look at this fat little thing trying to see how many peanuts it can fit into it's face hole at a time. Laugh out load

That would be called prepping for winter.

I like to think of it as entertaining my cats.

[Image: AGu6yyL.jpg]

[Image: 3MfAK4d.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post