Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-11-2016, 09:35 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
05-11-2016, 09:13 AM
I survived my trip to the dentist today. Smile

They went ahead and did a little work on me, but not a ton. Just enough to get the process started and get me ready for the next phase of treatment. It's still gonna be hella expensive, and I unfortunately didn't qualify to do Care Credit to where I'd be able to pay the thing off in installments, but I'm going to see if maybe my mom would co-sign for me for that and see if that'll help or maybe she could just help me pay for it outright and I could pay her back or something. We'll see. Just gotta buck up and ask her. That or they said they can break up the treatments over a longer period of time to help with costs and since it's the end of the year (or, nearing it) we might can do part of the treatments this year and then let my insurance renew and get more done next year, and maybe more would be covered that way. Big Grin So, although it's still expensive, I feel confident that we'll figure out a way to get it done.

The dental hygienist was really sweet and nice and the dentist himself was great too. Smile He said things have at least not gotten any worse really since the last time I saw him. Told him I cut out sodas totally after he told me how much damage they were doing to my teeth due to the way I drank them (I would nurse the things) so he was glad of that. I'm still looking at 2 root canals and some cavities that need to be filled, but I pretty much knew all that coming in there.

Rev came with me for moral support which was great. Helped me feel a lot more at ease about the whole thing. For once I can finally say I had a positive experience at the dentist.

Now, to ask my mom for money. Hobo

05-11-2016, 09:33 AM
(05-11-2016 09:13 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Now, to ask my mom for money. Hobo

That's when the dental pain kicks in. Wink

We have a great dentist who got me over a lot of my dental fear with lots of laughing gas and the understanding that I am a very reluctant dental patient.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-11-2016, 10:06 AM
(05-11-2016 09:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 09:13 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Now, to ask my mom for money. Hobo

That's when the dental pain kicks in. Wink

We have a great dentist who got me over a lot of my dental fear with lots of laughing gas and the understanding that I am a very reluctant dental patient.

It's hard to ask my mom for help, but I think my dad would be proud. One of our heart-to-heart talks before he died was him telling me not to be afraid to ask for help. That there are people who care about me and want to help when I need it. So I know he'd be proud of me for just plucking up the courage to ask ('cause I hate asking for help Blush ).

But yeah, at the dentist's office I mentioned that I typically get really nervous and worried and fearful and they were very kind about it and just... I dunno. Shy I genuinely had a good experience this time 'cause I felt like they cared about me, and want to help with my issues and not shame me about having them in the first place. Blush It was just a "here's what we're looking at and here's how we can help" and just a "let's do this" attitude and they were positive and really kind. So, 'twas great. ^__^

The dentist asked if I'd had any pain. Other than the occasional gum inflammation, I haven't. But he told me (insisted on it, really) to give him a call if any pain issues came up so he can prescribe an antibiotic. So that made me feel cared about. Smile

05-11-2016, 02:11 PM
Yay, my mom's gonna help me out! Big Grin She said she will co-apply with me for the Care Credit thing and if that doesn't work, then she'll just help me with the costs anyway. Smile

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
05-11-2016, 03:39 PM
Okay, mom came over today and we applied online together for the CareCredit and got approved. Smile So that is awesome. Though now I'm a little scared about making payments. Confused

Oye. Anyway, it'll be fine, I'm sure. I'll get my Christmas bonus soon so I can pay some on my balance with that and then it'll be time for income tax refund before too long and that can help as well. Just will have to pay it off hard and fast. Hobo And I think I am going to try and get them to split it between now and next year either way, to maybe get the cost down even a little more, though the worry with that is that my company will switch to a new (worse) dental provider than the Met I have now 'cause according to the dentist, the MetLife dental coverage is better than what I've had in the past.

Decisions, decisions. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
06-11-2016, 01:28 PM
[Image: P1030835%2B-%2BVersion%2B2.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
06-11-2016, 03:29 PM
Got called to sub (last minute.. keyboard) in a big LA church for a concert version of Mozart's "Domenico Mass" last night. CUTE soloists, unbelievable music ... was such a blast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQJ2bgK3RQ

I can't believe that such a thing ever got actually written down ... or "popped out" of a human mind. Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-11-2016, 03:46 PM
CNN has an add on this weekend : "In Jewish culture, a fetus is not viable until it graduates from medical school" ... Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-11-2016, 02:36 PM
I read the instructions on ttha label on the bottle of cream liqueur, "After opening keep in fridge and consume within six weeks."

Six weeks!?

Be bloody lucky if it lasts six days!

:hic:

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 3 users Like Gloucester's post