[Image: 8gPwCAl.png]

oops! Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-11-2016, 02:36 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
At work, I've been told that I have a deep radio/announcer's voice. As a result, I always crack a smile and say thank you whenever a customer asks me: "have you considered a career in voice over/radio announcing?"

Also, if someone asks me for help at work and they are ultimately able to resolve the problem themselves, then that also makes me smile: IMO, it shows that they trust me, but more importantly, it indicates that they are growing more confident with themselves, which increases the likelihood of them taking more initiative and risks in the future.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
25-11-2016, 11:04 AM
Ran a small errand for a friend.

Her dog, a terrier lurcher type, very attractive, very much like the one in the picture but a female and "prettier" in the face, had been dumped outside a pet sanctuary just when Lisa wanted a new pooch. She did not just fall hook, line and sinker for "Treacle" but threw in the rod, keep net, stool, creel, umbrella etc as well!

That was about 2 years ago.

But Treacle had evidently not had a happy life, for the first couple of years it was a constant "greet/flight" conflict for her - tail going furiously but hiding behind Lisa or furniture. I might get one high-speed lick from her or a couple of chin scratches in, but that was all.

Have not seen Treacle for about 6 months. Today - almost different dog, still the conflict to start but within five minutes she was constantly asking for scratches around the head and chest. Still sensitive about her back and rear but she put up with some scratching there after half an hour.

Lisa says she now eats without waiting for permission, ditto going out to the back garden and coming in. Altogether a more confident pooch.

Glad to see it!

[Image: j8m71c.jpg]

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 7 users Like Gloucester's post
25-11-2016, 09:28 PM
I currently live in a very conservative area, but I'm 'back home' for Thanksgiving. I was getting my car serviced today and shop manager was flirting with me and talking sweet to me. He was asking me what my heritage is and telling me that I'm beautiful.

Oh, Latin guys... I didn't realize how much I've missed you guys. Blush
[+] 6 users Like Aliza's post
26-11-2016, 06:54 PM
My poor priest today. "So would anyone like to light the advent candle?" No one moves. "Well okay then...I like lighting candles. It's a frequent part of this job." Picks up a lighter like you'd use for birthday candles, can't get it to work for about 45 seconds. Then kinda laughs at himself when he finally gets it.

Need to think of a witty signature.
01-12-2016, 01:20 PM
(26-11-2016 06:54 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My poor priest today. "So would anyone like to light the advent candle?" No one moves. "Well okay then...I like lighting candles. It's a frequent part of this job." Picks up a lighter like you'd use for birthday candles, can't get it to work for about 45 seconds. Then kinda laughs at himself when he finally gets it.

Lighting those tall "high mass" candles when I was in like 5th grade was a royal pain. I could't reach them.

So last weekend, one of my long-time friends got married and she asked me to arrange the music for her wedding, (in a Catholic Church). The priest was talking to them (during the service) and said he had written a book about marriage. I think only the trumpeters noticed, but I spit out my coffee, I started laughing so hard.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-12-2016, 06:00 PM
(01-12-2016 01:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 06:54 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My poor priest today. "So would anyone like to light the advent candle?" No one moves. "Well okay then...I like lighting candles. It's a frequent part of this job." Picks up a lighter like you'd use for birthday candles, can't get it to work for about 45 seconds. Then kinda laughs at himself when he finally gets it.

Lighting those tall "high mass" candles when I was in like 5th grade was a royal pain. I could't reach them.

So last weekend, one of my long-time friends got married and she asked me to arrange the music for her wedding, (in a Catholic Church). The priest was talking to them (during the service) and said he had written a book about marriage. I think only the trumpeters noticed, but I spit out my coffee, I started laughing so hard.

This wasn't even a tall candle, it was just normal sized on an advent wreath at about waist high off the floor. Sad

And I'm guessing from the spit-take, he was not one of those rare priests who came over from the Episcopalians and was granted a special dispensation as an already married priest. Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
02-12-2016, 01:36 AM
A few years ago while I was on break at work, I decided to go out into the mall and work on an origami project at a table by Auntie Anne's: I folded twelve paper modules and assembled them to form a dodecahedron. Now, during my project, I noticed a young boy looking curiously at what I was doing. Once I had finished, I saw his eyes light up with wonder and fascination, and seeing this reaction on his part, was very cool to me. As a result, I gave the boy the dodecahedron (he was very happy) and went back to my workplace.

Now, thinking about this incident does make me smile. More importantly, if I can inspire a young person to become fascinated about ideas and pursue/develop their interests and talents in a positive way, then IMO, this is very rewarding and meaningful; it makes life worthwhile.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 3 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
03-12-2016, 04:32 PM
Customer brought in their huskies, one adult, one puppy. It took some serious restraint not to melt into a puddle of what would have been very unprofessional glee.

THEY WERE SO FREAKIN CUTE.

Made my day Big Grin

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 5 users Like Loom's post
04-12-2016, 08:48 PM
Jordan (my grandson). He looks so thrilled to see Santa.
[Image: ZiUi02C.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post