Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-12-2016, 01:14 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(05-12-2016 10:17 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I got the phlebotomist with 40 years experience when I went to the doc at 7am for my check up. Barely felt the needle. Smile

I hate needles, unless it's at the dentist. I have a weird thing with where I actually like the sensation of gum pain--it's bizarre I know. So I actually enjoy going to the dentist with the scraping and all of that. Probably why I don't have any cavities Laugh out load

Needles at the doctor on the other hand, No If I could give myself a shot or draw my own blood, there would be no problem. I have given shots to other people--again no probs. I just don't like other people doing it to me. Tongue I usually end up getting the phlebotomist who is like "Oh you don't like needles huh? Well, this is my first time doing this." *giggle giggle* And I'm like, "That's hilarious." Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-12-2016, 05:43 PM
(07-12-2016 11:08 AM)Loom Wrote:  
(05-12-2016 10:17 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I got the phlebotomist with 40 years experience when I went to the doc at 7am for my check up. Barely felt the needle. Smile

I had to get blood drawn a month-ish ago, but was scared since last time I did, my veins would not cooperate and I passed out.

So they brought me 'the vampire' lady.

I barely even noticed Big Grin

Problem is, lately I've had this slight aversion to sunlight and garlicky food...

Hurray! Except for the other side effects there...never inviting you into my home and always standing behind the threshold with a crucifix if you show up. Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
07-12-2016, 05:49 PM
(07-12-2016 05:43 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 11:08 AM)Loom Wrote:  I had to get blood drawn a month-ish ago, but was scared since last time I did, my veins would not cooperate and I passed out.

So they brought me 'the vampire' lady.

I barely even noticed Big Grin

Problem is, lately I've had this slight aversion to sunlight and garlicky food...

Hurray! Except for the other side effects there...never inviting you into my home and always standing behind the threshold with a crucifix if you show up. Tongue

I just hope I don't start sparkling in the light Dodgy

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
07-12-2016, 06:09 PM
(07-12-2016 05:49 PM)Loom Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 05:43 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Hurray! Except for the other side effects there...never inviting you into my home and always standing behind the threshold with a crucifix if you show up. Tongue

Truly, being a TwiPire is a fate worse than death.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2016, 07:53 PM
(07-12-2016 05:49 PM)Loom Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 05:43 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Hurray! Except for the other side effects there...never inviting you into my home and always standing behind the threshold with a crucifix if you show up. Tongue

That's a late invention from TV. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
07-12-2016, 08:29 PM
(07-12-2016 06:09 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 05:49 PM)Loom Wrote:  I just hope I don't start sparkling in the light Dodgy

Truly, being a TwiPire is a fate worse than death.

[Image: 969d273a4a99e410f5b74f0509aa4ca5.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
08-12-2016, 02:46 PM

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
08-12-2016, 06:16 PM
(07-12-2016 01:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

I hate needles, unless it's at the dentist.

(Warning. Horrible pun incoming.)

I don't go to the dentist anymore.

I go to the Djentist.

You gotta find me before you can kill me for that.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
10-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Well, I'm back from my dentist appointment. They weren't able to fully finish because he said the infection was pretty bad. But they did drill and sand down and do whatever else it is they do. So most of the work on that tooth is done. He put some medicine in it (from what I think he said, anyway) and then they did put something over it but I guess it isn't permanently sealed because he didn't want to seal infection down inside the tooth. I don't even know if I'm making sense. Hobo

Anyway, he's got me on antibiotics now to get rid of the infection. I will see him again on January 3rd and he'll finish all that up and I think put the permanent crown on (they did a mold for it today).

The visit itself really wasn't that bad. Smile They numbed me up really good before coming at me with any needles and I barely felt those so that was no big deal at all. The hardest part for me is when they're all up in your mouth with the instruments and they're spraying water in there and I start to panic and feel like I'll choke. But I mentioned that to them and they said they give you plenty of breaks and let you catch your breath and he said to just wave at him if I needed a break, so that helped. Made me feel a little more in control of things.

Oh, and they put a blankie on me so my legs wouldn't get cold. Shy

Yay, I survived!! So glad I finally am getting this taken care of. It's been in the back of my mind, worrying me, for a long time.

[+] 4 users Like Escape Artist's post
10-12-2016, 12:20 PM
Oh, and at one point during the procedure when they had put some kind of medicinal gel on my teeth and we were waiting that out, I went to take a restroom break and saw Rev out in the waiting room. I considered making a fake break for it just to see if he'd stop me, but decided I'd better not. Laugh out load

Thanks, Rev. Hug You are the best!! ^__^

[+] 5 users Like Escape Artist's post