Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-12-2016, 05:35 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(13-12-2016 02:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ziggy is a chewer and destroyer of dogs toys. So far, other than one sandal, there has been no other casualties.

Yesterday morning he came into the kitchen and was drooling terribly...something he and his breed seldom do. I had given the dogs a new kind of treat and thought maybe it didn't agree with him and planned to not give him any more. He seemed okay the rest of the day.

This morning he was drooling non-stop. I couldn't wipe his mouth fast enough to keep him from drooling on me, blankets, dog beds, and Karma. I looked in his mouth several times to see if there was something caught in his teeth and didn't see anything. After a while I noticed that he wouldn't even play with the cat or wag his tail at me when I talked to him.

One more check of the mouth and I then I stuck two fingers down his throat and found some stuffing and fabric (I think) from a toy he had eaten. I couldn't get it out but I managed to get it to go down. Now he has stopped drooling, is playing, went and had some food and water and is back to his old self.

I think I may have saved his life...now I just have to hope that this too shall pass. I'll be watching him closely.

I believe I read somewhere that if an object can make it down the esophagus, it can pass the rest of the way through. It being stuffed and not digestible may make a difference.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2016, 06:47 AM
Stranded at the Airport, Dancers Meet Up to Tango
http://www.marketwatch.com/video/strande...8D82A.html

They use Facebook to find each other for impromptu dances
https://www.facebook.com/groups/348726108583892/

A good way to start the day.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-12-2016, 03:26 PM
(12-12-2016 09:34 PM)Aliza Wrote:  The shopping gods are smiling upon me. I needed a little retail therapy and here it was!

[Image: Peacock%20at%20Cracker%20Barrel_zpsv5zph...1481512908]

[Image: peacock%20at%20Bed%20Bath%20and%20Beyond...1481512902]

This looks like Cracker Barrel...I am now a hungry sandworm.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
15-12-2016, 03:56 PM
(13-12-2016 05:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(13-12-2016 02:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ziggy is a chewer and destroyer of dogs toys. So far, other than one sandal, there has been no other casualties.

Yesterday morning he came into the kitchen and was drooling terribly...something he and his breed seldom do. I had given the dogs a new kind of treat and thought maybe it didn't agree with him and planned to not give him any more. He seemed okay the rest of the day.

This morning he was drooling non-stop. I couldn't wipe his mouth fast enough to keep him from drooling on me, blankets, dog beds, and Karma. I looked in his mouth several times to see if there was something caught in his teeth and didn't see anything. After a while I noticed that he wouldn't even play with the cat or wag his tail at me when I talked to him.

One more check of the mouth and I then I stuck two fingers down his throat and found some stuffing and fabric (I think) from a toy he had eaten. I couldn't get it out but I managed to get it to go down. Now he has stopped drooling, is playing, went and had some food and water and is back to his old self.

I think I may have saved his life...now I just have to hope that this too shall pass. I'll be watching him closely.

I believe I read somewhere that if an object can make it down the esophagus, it can pass the rest of the way through. It being stuffed and not digestible may make a difference.

Unless it's just sitting in his stomach, I believe your information to be true. He's fine. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-12-2016, 11:34 PM
Haven't had any dental/mouth pain yesterday or today. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
17-12-2016, 02:33 AM
Warmth makes me smile.

☆☆☆
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
17-12-2016, 10:58 AM
Yesterday morning I am up at the kitchen window and one of my hummers flies up and is hovering on the other side of the glass, trying to get my attention. The snow had turned to ice over the holes of that feeder and he needed a hand.
This morning it dipped to 14 here and all the feeders froze but 1, which had a stronger sugar solution. It formed the most beautiful snowflake inside as I watched. They all got fresh food.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
17-12-2016, 11:36 AM
This needs to be a combo things that smile then frown entry.

It's 73 degrees. The windows are open in the house. The low tonight is to be 19 degrees. WTAF is that?!?! How does that even happen? Angry

North Texas weather...we will just go ahead and have all four seasons in 12 hours...saves time that way. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
17-12-2016, 02:40 PM
Yikes! We got to 32 today, at least it is legit winter Smile
17-12-2016, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2016 03:53 PM by skyking.)
Russer getting stoned on a hit of Heat Dish

[Image: IMG_20161209_171029_zpsyxu3i7ih.jpg]