Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-12-2016, 09:12 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(24-12-2016 07:30 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 11:07 PM)Fireball Wrote:  What did you do to his sneakers? Dodgy

Big Grin

He's not a Hobo Laugh out load

I'm curious- what the heck are the green semicircles at the ball of his foot?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2016, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2016 01:45 PM by Kernel Sohcahtoa.)
I had a nice Christmas eve dinner at a restaurant with my mom, niece, and father. The waitress was nice and briefly made some small talk with me about whether the mall was busy (that's where I work) and her 11 years of experience in retail. Overall, my family and I enjoyed each others company and really had a fine meal. It was also a beautiful sight to see other people (families, friends, etc.) enjoying themselves and having a nice fine-dining experience.

Now, afterwards, when I spoke to my mother, she told me that she and my niece noticed that the waitress became much more lively when I sat down (I met my family at the restaurant and arrived a little late, as I had just gotten off my shift at work), and as a result, my mother thought that the waitress was flirting with me. I was somewhat surprised and taken aback by this conclusion, as I just thought and still think that she was just being nice and professional; nevertheless, this brought a smile to my face, as I found it to be very flattering.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 5 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
24-12-2016, 10:24 PM
(24-12-2016 10:11 PM)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:  I had a nice Christmas eve dinner at a restaurant with my mom, niece, and father. The waitress was nice and briefly made some small talk with me about whether the mall was busy (that's where I work) and her 11 years of experience in retail. Overall, my family and I enjoyed each others company and really had a fine meal. It was also a beautiful sight to see other people (families, friends, etc.) enjoying themselves and having a nice fine-dining experience.

Now, afterwards, when I spoke to my mother, she told me that she and my niece noticed that the waitress became much more lively when I sat down (I met my family at the restaurant and arrived a little late, as I had just gotten off my shift at work), and as a result, my mother thought that the waitress was flirting with me. I was somewhat surprised and taken aback by this conclusion, as I just thought and still think that she was just being nice and professional; nevertheless, this brought a smile to [/align]my face, as I found it to be very flattering.

You're a cool guy. Maybe take her out a few times. You never know! I met my wife while we were in the same Modern Physics class at university. Probably a one in a million shot, there, but we've been married 35 years as of last February 14th (her insistence, and I haven't missed an anniversary, because of that). Laugh out load
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
24-12-2016, 11:06 PM
I bet it put a smile on your mom's face to tell you this. Great stuff Smile
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
25-12-2016, 08:41 AM
getting going this morning, and A rerun of the 2015 Westminster dog show was on. I have a critic in the house:

[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
25-12-2016, 09:39 AM
(25-12-2016 08:41 AM)skyking Wrote:  getting going this morning, and A rerun of the 2015 Westminster dog show was on. I have a critic in the house:

Laugh out load cute!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
25-12-2016, 11:49 AM
Talked to Zyler (9) and Trey (5). After getting a rundown on what they got for Christmas and asking what they are going to do the rest of the day I asked Trey if he was being good. (They were on speaker phone.) He said, "Yes, ma'am." This was quickly followed by Zyler weighing in with an emphatic, "NO!"

I am pretty sure that both thought their answers were the truth. Typical siblings. Yes

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
27-12-2016, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2016 05:41 PM by Shai Hulud.)
For all I sometimes be negative about my cousin's Baptist minister husband, one thing I love about their relationship is "date night" and it makes me smile that they take one each month. They get a babysitter and then they go out for a cheap dinner and a movie, and just take some time for them and for their relationship.

Aunt is raging about how she's watching their daughters while they go on one, but I think it's nice. Plus, looking at her part of the family's relationship history...cousin and Baptist minister husband are doing really well. Aunt and uncle fight nonstop. Aunt's other daughter is divorced after sleeping with other man while married, and "living in sin" now and much to my aunt's anger, despite never going herself, also won't take her kids to church because that's what her ex husband does..

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-12-2016, 09:06 PM
Double birthday today. Karma (black and tan) is five now and Ziggy (tri) is one year old.

[Image: 34zm7w4.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
27-12-2016, 10:01 PM
I bought myself something new! -Okay, actually I bought a lot of new things, but this one I'm telling you all about. Tongue

[Image: 54ebb2f9e0482_-_peacock-mug-xl.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post