Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-12-2016, 02:30 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Friend called just minutes before midnight. Despite not seeing ourselves for a year or more we quickly skipped pleasantries to talk about Marx, polish capitalism, Zola "Germinal" and world-system theory. Now I see what people meant when they say that you don't need drugs to have fun.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2016, 03:00 AM
(27-12-2016 09:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Double birthday today. Karma (black and tan) is five now and Ziggy (tri) is one year old.

[Image: 34zm7w4.jpg]

Er, you do realise their arseholes are "perched" right upon your floor? Blink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-12-2016, 06:44 AM
(28-12-2016 02:30 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Friend called just minutes before midnight. Despite not seeing ourselves for a year or more we quickly skipped pleasantries to talk about Marx, polish capitalism, Zola "Germinal" and world-system theory. Now I see what people meant when they say that you don't need drugs to have fun.

And I am sure that sometime during the conversation you were both added to some government watch list somewhere.
28-12-2016, 06:51 AM
(28-12-2016 06:44 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 02:30 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Friend called just minutes before midnight. Despite not seeing ourselves for a year or more we quickly skipped pleasantries to talk about Marx, polish capitalism, Zola "Germinal" and world-system theory. Now I see what people meant when they say that you don't need drugs to have fun.

And I am sure that sometime during the conversation you were both added to some government watch list somewhere.
You do realize that Poland despite all it's faults isn't place depicted in Orwell "1984"?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
28-12-2016, 06:55 AM
(28-12-2016 06:51 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 06:44 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  And I am sure that sometime during the conversation you were both added to some government watch list somewhere.
You do realize that Poland despite all it's faults isn't place depicted in Orwell "1984"?

That doesn't mean that the U.S.A. is not watching you. The government here is real paranoid. It's like they know they should be overthrown and want to prevent the citizens from ending the corruption. It is really ridiculous what is going on here.
28-12-2016, 07:00 AM
(28-12-2016 06:55 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 06:51 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  You do realize that Poland despite all it's faults isn't place depicted in Orwell "1984"?

That doesn't mean that the U.S.A. is not watching you. The government here is real paranoid. It's like they know they should be overthrown and want to prevent the citizens from ending the corruption. It is really ridiculous what is going on here.

I knew that Apache helicopter flying over my house wasn't coincidence.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
30-12-2016, 05:17 PM
Went back to the audiologist today and she made some small adjustments to my new hearing aids that really seem to have made a big difference.

I am still getting used to them and sometimes am 'aware' of having them in my ears but it is nice to actually hear. When I take them out it seems like my ears are stuffed with cotton and I can barely hear anything. I can't believe I went over a decade like this.

She said I can come back after I figure out how they are going to work when I start my new job.

Some places the sound level is overwhelming still. Luckily I have three different settings I can try and I can control the volume or just mute them if it gets to be too much. There's an app for all that. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
30-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Daydreaming and getting inspiration for and planning/researching the eventual mermaid book I will write. Smile

My only resolution this year, I think, will be to finish my voodoo urban fantasy novel and get it all polished and pretty and slap some decent cover art on it and then get self-pubbed. Yes And then, once that is done I can get going on the mermaid book! Heart Hobo Heart

Oh, and also I've got a sci-fi novel simmering in the background as well.

All the irons the fire Hobo Hobo Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
30-12-2016, 09:06 PM
Obama signed H.R. 1150 into law.

"This bill amends the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998 (IRFA) to state in the congressional findings that the freedom of thought and religion is understood to protect theistic and non-theistic beliefs as well as the right not to profess or practice any religion."

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-12-2016, 10:04 PM
(30-12-2016 09:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Obama signed H.R. 1150 into law.

"This bill amends the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998 (IRFA) to state in the congressional findings that the freedom of thought and religion is understood to protect theistic and non-theistic beliefs as well as the right not to profess or practice any religion."

...persecution of human rights advocates seeking to defend the rights of members of religious groups or highlight religious freedom violations, including prohibitions on ritual animal slaughter or male infant circumcision;...

Italics mine. dafuq? Seems to me something is missing. So to speak. Consider