Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-12-2016, 10:11 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
My daughter reading to me. She gets so excited to share a story she really loves, so we snuggle together and she reads aloud.
I absolutely love it Smile

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like ShadowProject's post
30-12-2016, 10:25 PM
(30-12-2016 10:11 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  My daughter reading to me. She gets so excited to share a story she really loves, so we snuggle together and she reads aloud.
I absolutely love it Smile

I cherish the days from when my three sons were little, reading books with/to them! They are all fine men now (can't say young, as the youngest is 27). All atheists! Thumbsup
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
31-12-2016, 06:49 AM
(30-12-2016 10:04 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 09:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Obama signed H.R. 1150 into law.

"This bill amends the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998 (IRFA) to state in the congressional findings that the freedom of thought and religion is understood to protect theistic and non-theistic beliefs as well as the right not to profess or practice any religion."

...persecution of human rights advocates seeking to defend the rights of members of religious groups or highlight religious freedom violations, including prohibitions on ritual animal slaughter or male infant circumcision;...

Italics mine. dafuq? Seems to me something is missing. So to speak. Consider

What about muslims coming from countries where they are already married to what we consider children? Wouldn't this law help to pave the way for allowing it if they come from where it is allowed?
31-12-2016, 12:11 PM
(31-12-2016 06:49 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 10:04 PM)Fireball Wrote:  ...persecution of human rights advocates seeking to defend the rights of members of religious groups or highlight religious freedom violations, including prohibitions on ritual animal slaughter or male infant circumcision;...

Italics mine. dafuq? Seems to me something is missing. So to speak. Consider

What about muslims coming from countries where they are already married to what we consider children? Wouldn't this law help to pave the way for allowing it if they come from where it is allowed?

It is phrased weirdly. My read is that I can't be persecuted for pointing out just how wrong it is that PG County won't let me practice Santaria and sacrifice goats in my front yard but the health department still won't let me do it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
31-12-2016, 12:51 PM
(31-12-2016 12:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-12-2016 06:49 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  What about muslims coming from countries where they are already married to what we consider children? Wouldn't this law help to pave the way for allowing it if they come from where it is allowed?

It is phrased weirdly. My read is that I can't be persecuted for pointing out just how wrong it is that PG County won't let me practice Santaria and sacrifice goats in my front yard but the health department still won't let me do it.

Well, let's just say you had a drive by shooting, and were performing an autopsy when the enforcers come around. Yes
02-01-2017, 09:09 PM
The kiddos letting me eat the dark chocolates out of their Christmas goody bags 'cause they don't like dark chocolate. Big Grin

[+] 5 users Like Escape Artist's post
03-01-2017, 06:09 AM
[Image: ylDPXY3.png]

Opera FTW. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2017, 07:56 PM
Big thing actually.

Having true friends who are there for you when you need them most.

You know who you are.

Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
06-01-2017, 06:48 PM
Finally completed my 2016 earnings budget... fuck me it took long, but done

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
06-01-2017, 08:35 PM
The thought that you're responsible for some people.

Most people tend to run away from the possibility of added responsibility. That's the meme that's been going around, anyway. But not me. It must be that it drives me. I don't know. It's not that simple, no. Of course not. I actually care about them. It's not even a question for me. The only thing is is I can't focus on it sometimes. But then when I see it clearly in my mind's eye it suddenly becomes just a reality. One that I love. It's not a choice, it's a blessing. Sigh... Smile