RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
My Maltese dog.

[Image: xguNyKt.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Fireball's post
13-01-2017, 10:11 PM
My sister had several cats dumped near her place, and she trapped and neutered and spayed them. Most were feral like Thomas here.
This cat changed completely and is now an indoor cat. He is as big as a small side table, and he raised the other cat and his litter mate from kittens, they too were dumped off. He runs the outside feeding, making sure that nobody is an ass out there and everybody gets food. Then he asks to come back in Smile
I used to have cats but my wife is allergic.

[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
14-01-2017, 02:07 AM
Hit 5,000 posts on the forum.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
14-01-2017, 02:16 AM
Only two days - or even less - to finishing renovation of my room.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
14-01-2017, 09:13 PM
Friend just said this while we were discussing a Christian movie I'm watching.

Quote:You are the most devout and theological institution skepticist I've ever met. You came home from Mass and then started criticizing a film for trying to force Jesus on someone lmfao

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
16-01-2017, 07:33 PM
A friend posted this on FB about my hometown. Not bad considering it's proximity to Chicago and Gary.

Quote:The Safest Cities in Indiana in 2016
#15 Highland
A town in Lake County, Highland is home to 23,700 residents. Just 25 miles from Chicago, the community consists of several distinct neighborhoods and is served by the School Town of Highland public school system. The violent crime rate here is 105.1, and residents of Highland have a 2.9% chance of being affected by property crime.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
16-01-2017, 07:45 PM
(13-01-2017 10:45 AM)Fireball Wrote:  My Maltese dog.

Adorable!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-01-2017, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2017 10:06 AM by Fireball.)
(16-01-2017 07:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 10:45 AM)Fireball Wrote:  My Maltese dog.

Adorable!

She's a real sweetie, and is afraid of no one. If you take here somewhere, she's always sniffing at other people; more than happy to say "Hello!". She gets a puppy cut because we don't like that long haired look. Plus, she runs all over the back yard sniffing at everything. It's been 3 weeks since she got groomed, and I'm amazed at how clean she has stayed. She usually had mud on all her paws. Big Grin

ETA- I got her to sit like that because I had a small piece of chicken, ready to give her. Sits really nice!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
17-01-2017, 07:11 AM
Let my dog out this morning. Encountered the neighbor. Our dog is of course off leash. She went to the property line and looked at me for permission to cross to go see the neighbor's dog. I told her no. She huffed and then came farther in to our yard. Such a well behaved dog. Of course the neighbors dog had to be pulled back and struggled against his leash the entire time. The other neighbor has been nothing but a bitch to me. I don't think she likes men. She also allows her dog off leash. She puts him out on the deck with a small barrier and expects him to stay. He doesn't. Have had a few visits from him.
18-01-2017, 07:04 AM
It's only been two weeks but I am so happy to have a job to go where the environment is positive and I am not tense all day.

I pushed for a big assignment yesterday and was given a pretty heavy load for a new client who is a builder. I asked a few questions of my boss as to why things weren't more clearly assigned in their general ledger. He said for now we are getting things caught up for this client but it sounds like I know something about construction. He then said this was going to be a big account that may require a person full time to keep it up. He asked if I was interested. I said that we would see how things go as I work through this part of the project. It sounds as though there are possibilities to carve out a place that will utilize my knowledge and background.

And I don't dread going to the office. Smile

Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post