18-01-2017, 08:12 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Sister, that is not small Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
18-01-2017, 02:45 PM
We survived a trip to costco. Kiddo went back to school too.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-01-2017, 02:48 PM
(18-01-2017 02:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We survived a trip to costco. Kiddo went back to school too.

God must have been watching out for you. Laugh out load

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. Tongue
18-01-2017, 03:05 PM
a fellow operator I met in school had called me the yesterday looking for job leads. I had nothing to offer, but I did have a 400 pound printer in the back of my truck that I needed to unload. I could really use his help.
He was bringing his wife along to look at the remodel job, so I set about making the house presentable. Turned on the music and got busy.
I can clean house like nobody's business with some fast banjo picking bluegrass Big Grin
Cleaned and put away, and was ready when he showed up. I fired up Guido the forklift and we got it done.
Nothing like a little external motivation to clean house Smile
20-01-2017, 10:21 PM
[Image: nW2E1sP.gif]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-01-2017, 12:08 AM
I needed a couple of shooting related things, so I went on-line to my usual 2 or 3 vendors.
Well, one had two things but not the other, another had one thing at a really good price, the third place didn't have anything much. But getting stuff from multiple places just adds up more shipping costs.

I Googled® for one of the items that no one had and noticed another vendor I occasionally use, though not usually for shooting stuff.
Well, they had everything I was looking for, at really good prices, and free shipping. Smile

But wait - there's more.

I had a couple hundred dollar store credit there that I had forgotten. Shocking
I got all the stuff for 'free'. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
23-01-2017, 04:36 PM
The IRS has been after me to the tune of a couple thousand bucks for under-declaring income for 2014.

In a nutshell, I had meant to deposit some money in my brokerage account but accidentally put it in my IRA. Facepalm

About 10 days later, I noticed what I had done. I called the firm and got it straightened out - no harm, no foul. The "excess IRA contribution" and the "IRA distribution" were to disappear.

Someone didn't get the memo. Dodgy

A year and a half later, the IRS decides I owe them tax on those transactions. Sadcryface2
But after a couple of fruitless exchanges of letters and forms, I called the IRS.
After the usual circular automated phone menus, I finally got a person on the line. Smile

She was very pleasant and spent a fair amount of time trying to get the right forms and procedures to make this go away. So after a bit, I asked if we could recap what needed to be done.

She said, "Oh, I'm trying to solve your problem right now." Shocking

So, after I gave her the brokerage info and so forth, she said the issue was closed, and I would get a confirmation notice in the mail. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
23-01-2017, 05:10 PM
(23-01-2017 04:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  The IRS has been after me to the tune of a couple thousand bucks for under-declaring income for 2014.

In a nutshell, I had meant to deposit some money in my brokerage account but accidentally put it in my IRA. Facepalm

About 10 days later, I noticed what I had done. I called the firm and got it straightened out - no harm, no foul. The "excess IRA contribution" and the "IRA distribution" were to disappear.

Someone didn't get the memo. Dodgy

A year and a half later, the IRS decides I owe them tax on those transactions. Sadcryface2
But after a couple of fruitless exchanges of letters and forms, I called the IRS.
After the usual circular automated phone menus, I finally got a person on the line. Smile

She was very pleasant and spent a fair amount of time trying to get the right forms and procedures to make this go away. So after a bit, I asked if we could recap what needed to be done.

She said, "Oh, I'm trying to solve your problem right now." Shocking

So, after I gave her the brokerage info and so forth, she said the issue was closed, and I would get a confirmation notice in the mail. Big Grin

A satisfactory conclusion to any interaction with a government agency is indeed rare, and cause for celebration. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
24-01-2017, 05:50 AM
[Image: ck2Cztb.png?1]

Kookaburra wearing a tiny hat. You're welcome.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
24-01-2017, 05:59 AM
(24-01-2017 05:50 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  [Image: ck2Cztb.png?1]

Kookaburra wearing a tiny hat. You're welcome.

Here's a capybara in a sombrero with a fake mustache. Culturally insensitive? Sure, but still adorable in a strange way.

[Image: tumblr_inline_nagg7e01wf1rhuc3f.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post