Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-01-2017, 04:42 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Twitter is doing #CanadianizedFilms where they take film titles and make them Canadian. My favorite so far is Footmoose.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-01-2017, 08:04 PM
I got a text this morning asking if I wanted to come in for some training and work on a new client...I was actually quite happy to go in for half the day. Smile I even offered to work tomorrow but was told to enjoy my Sunday.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Almost forgot...boss told me today that I should be a QuickBooks Pro Advisor and that I know the program better than a woman who has worked there nearly a decade. Big Grin

He also called me the Excel expert. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
29-01-2017, 12:00 AM
Cheesy comedies. Watching Keeping Up With the Joneses and it's just perfect...suburban couple caught up in spy thriller genre.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2017, 02:06 AM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2017 08:22 AM by Kernel Sohcahtoa.)
During my senior year at military school, I recall an incident that I had with two company commanders (I was the cadet commander). Specifically, one day during lunch (or second mess as we called it), these two commanders completely disregarded the directives of the mess hall officer: she worked very hard and did a great job coordinating all mess hall (cafeteria) related activities with the school faculty and staff. Naturally, she was upset when they undermined her authority. As a result, I ordered both of them to help the mess hall staff serve every cadet lunch. Now, I must admit that the sight of them wearing the aprons and the silly little paper hats was very funny, but nevertheless, they were good sports about it, as they realized that they were out of line. More importantly, the most beautiful part of that experience was the smile on her face when I told her what I had done with the two commanders: her smile just illuminated the fact that she felt supported and acknowledged for her efforts.

Hence, remembering the warm smile on her face and the goofy attire of the two company commanders, brought a smile to my face today.

P.S. During that year I made many mistakes. I failed way more than I succeeded. But, on that day, IMO, I did something useful and constructive.

Thanks for your time and attention. Live long and prosper, TTA members and anyone else.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 2 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
29-01-2017, 04:32 PM
NASA describes this image with and I quote "Rectangles with Wiggly Sides"

[Image: PIA11238.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
30-01-2017, 09:37 PM
Zyler taking care of a piglet.

[Image: r2q3b4.jpg]

[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
01-02-2017, 10:02 AM
First class of the day, I had them do pitches for Crime related TV shows as an in-class activity. Some of this stuff is bland repeats of what's already on, others are...just hilarious or awesome. "Kingpin at Law", a lawyer who represents clients who were unknowingly working for him, and killing them if they get too close to the truth, being one example.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2017, 09:43 PM
Watching Lord of the Dance!!! ^__^ Heart

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
01-02-2017, 09:51 PM
My bf came home and told me he bought me a periwinkle. So while I sat there wondering why he would buy me one of these:

[Image: 01610per5762.jpg]

He handed me one of these Laugh out load

[Image: Sanpellegrino_HP_33_pet.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post