Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-02-2017, 08:49 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(11-02-2017 02:54 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 11:36 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Call me horrible but going online and being what people thing you are.

I was debating Vegans, and they kept telling in in big words that I was 'stupid' and my research was 'invalid'. At this point I gave up and decided to be a dick and flat out said what they think all meat eaters are like: 'I just don't give a shit about a chickens life'

Boy the hate I got was funny. 'Your argument is invalid etc....' and 'that wouldn't hold up in a court of law etc....'

I flat out said 'that's not how I really think I just said that to see what would happen'

. . . . They didn't believe me.

It's small things like that that just make me smile and laugh. Granted I don't do this in real life, as real life people are violent and can't take a joke. Poking an internet bear is okay, poking a real life bear is suicide.

But yeah, I can appreciate the fun in poking some foaming at the mouth ideologist from time to time. You know you've got a good specimen when even the most innocuous things drive them into fits of rage.

Oh yeah and welcome to the forum, Ruby Crystal. Just as a friendly heads up, we've got people here who fall under the "other" category for a lot of different things, veganism included. Most people aren't here to propagate their belief system and should generally be left alone. If you like poking the internet bear anyway, I'd recommend you let them throw the first punch before you start poking. Smile

Heart

As the resident vegan, I would never attempt to pontificate on the vacuous ramblings of another anthropoid's convictions. As such, I choose to be beatific in my outlook on life and with my dealings with others upon our illustrious forum.

Did I use enough big words Tongue It's the carrots, it increases your IQ methinks Wink

Also, I'm just teasing, Ruby Tongue I promise I don't always use big words. And I'm a very nice vegan, I promise Smile And I agree with Aliza about not poking bears just to poke bears-always let them throw the first punch. Lots of different viewpoints on here, it's what makes this place so nice. Smile Welcome to the forum again!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
11-02-2017, 11:49 AM
Behold, I am survived. Smile

Got the second root canal done - woot woot!! He wasn't able to seal it off 'cause it's a little bleedy, but he didn't prescribe me any antibiotics, says it isn't as bad as the other tooth was. So I see him again on March 3rd to hopefully finish everything up. Or at least, get it sealed and put a temp crown on it.

ETA: Oh, and I got the permanent porcelain crown put on the first tooth I had root canaled. It's all smooth and purty. Laugh out load

[+] 4 users Like Escape Artist's post
11-02-2017, 02:42 PM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
11-02-2017, 04:37 PM
(11-02-2017 02:42 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  

I like to do the In the Air Tonight fill with cats. A doge here instead.

Good thing I've never tried anything complex with them; I'd probably be on PETA's wanted list. Still, would be awesome to see a cat air drum this:

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
11-02-2017, 04:43 PM
(11-02-2017 04:37 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  

I like to do the In the Air Tonight fill with cats. A doge here instead.

Good thing I've never tried anything complex with them; I'd probably be on PETA's wanted list. Still, would be awesome to see a cat air drum this:

Not quite what you had in mind, I know. Rolleyes

But this one is just for you! Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
11-02-2017, 10:25 PM

That's pretty funny. Dude has a lot of time on his hands, and has obviously seen Michael Jackson dancing, or something?
12-02-2017, 05:15 AM
[Image: 9fae2dfb06cbf736f03b4c37e117e2d2.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-02-2017, 07:35 AM
(11-02-2017 10:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

That's pretty funny. Dude has a lot of time on his hands, and has obviously seen Michael Jackson dancing, or something?

I've known that guy since mid-school. He's a stay-at-home dad now. Lots of time and none for sleep. Laugh out load

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
13-02-2017, 09:15 PM
Sometimes it feels so good just to be alive. I rarely slow down enough to just... be. But this is one of those rare moments where I feel truly present in the present. Heart

[+] 4 users Like Escape Artist's post
14-02-2017, 11:46 AM
First day of preschool.

[Image: W9kgVuK.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post