Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-02-2017, 12:09 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
A couple of hours ago I got a call from my SO to meet her at a coffee shop. When I showed up she had a Valentine's Day card for me and a dozen peanut butter cookies.

I love that chick! Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
14-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Saw a small cute bunny rabbit hopping a long outside.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
14-02-2017, 09:55 PM
My bf just called to tell me he's on his way home with yummy dinner and made a stop at the mall. Can't wait to see my Valentine's gift Big Grin
15-02-2017, 10:09 AM
They fixed one of our stall toilets, so the entire male part of the third floor doesn't have to go to another floor to poop!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
15-02-2017, 11:08 AM
(15-02-2017 10:09 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  They fixed one of our stall toilets, so the entire male part of the third floor doesn't have to go to another floor to poop!

Happy pooping Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-02-2017, 12:02 PM
(15-02-2017 11:08 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-02-2017 10:09 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  They fixed one of our stall toilets, so the entire male part of the third floor doesn't have to go to another floor to poop!

Happy pooping Big Grin

Thanks it will be! Smile

Also kinda funny/smiling moment...on Monday I showed my Intro class a video about Jeremy Bentham's auto-icon. (A statue of himself made out of his own body.) It's on display at the college he helped found. Well, several of my students apparently asked one of the guys in Philosophy who is willing to entertain out of the box commentary if he'll follow in Bentham's footsteps and become our university's own auto icon in a few decades. Apparently he's refused Tongue However, I've unintentionally begun students bugging him about it and none of them will tell him where the idea began. The Dean overheard one of the students telling me about it after this last class, and she said she might bring it up too as a, "Have you ever considered your post-tenure and posthumous service to the university?"

16-02-2017, 01:49 PM
[Image: chloe_zpsa6f86cup.png][Image: google_zpssivmrnn8.png]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Just bought a book about Polish post-war work camps. Right wingers are foaming at just mention of it so I imagine that quite a lecture is waiting for me.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
18-02-2017, 11:29 AM
Just went to pick up a suit. The first time I went up, it was a gray and rainy day. Then got the alterations done. This time it was gorgeous, sunny, a wonderful 40 mile drive each way. Plus when coming back, it was mostly uncongested, while on the other side, cars were backed up bumper to bumper for miles.

18-02-2017, 03:08 PM
Lesbians walking with their big dogs in a tiny town on a deserted Saturday. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post