Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-03-2017, 02:02 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(04-03-2017 02:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 01:37 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I think it's like a lead scenic artist. Like overseeing all the other scenic artists.

Huh. Is it a pre-production job, like set design? Or are they involved in the construction of the scenery? Or is it more with storyboards and blocking, helping the director with framing a scene?

I am inordinately curious now. Big Grin

Quote:A charge artist (or charge scenic artist) leads and oversees the painting of stage, film or television scenery.

The charge artist's responsibilities include methods of reproduction of color, texture, preparation and ageing of all surfaces. [1]

The charge artist interprets the scenic designer's technical drawings and paint elevations, and with a crew of journeymen scenic artists, brings them to life on the actual scenery.

The charge artist is also responsible for the budgeting of the finished sets along with the production designer and the art director.[2]

Wikipedea

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-03-2017, 02:03 AM
(04-03-2017 02:02 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 02:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Huh. Is it a pre-production job, like set design? Or are they involved in the construction of the scenery? Or is it more with storyboards and blocking, helping the director with framing a scene?

Quote:A charge artist (or charge scenic artist) leads and oversees the painting of stage, film or television scenery.

The charge artist's responsibilities include methods of reproduction of color, texture, preparation and ageing of all surfaces. [1]

The charge artist interprets the scenic designer's technical drawings and paint elevations, and with a crew of journeymen scenic artists, brings them to life on the actual scenery.

The charge artist is also responsible for the budgeting of the finished sets along with the production designer and the art director.[2]

Wikipedea

So I got it right on the second guess. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-03-2017, 03:10 AM
(04-03-2017 02:02 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 02:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Huh. Is it a pre-production job, like set design? Or are they involved in the construction of the scenery? Or is it more with storyboards and blocking, helping the director with framing a scene?

Wikipedea

Learn something new everyday.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
04-03-2017, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 10:53 AM by Anjele.)
[Image: 11lr409.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
04-03-2017, 02:38 PM
(04-03-2017 10:41 AM)Anjele Wrote:  [Image: 11lr409.jpg]

Looks like Zoggy's got the Blues. He's got to learn to watch for that tail tip twitching.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
04-03-2017, 02:46 PM
Aww, poor Ziggy! Blue is so gorgeous, though. Heart

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
04-03-2017, 02:50 PM
This not only made me smile but also brought a tear to my eye. Only my 11 year old daughter is able to do that.

[Image: CBFB8062-8D2F-4FC8-A979-F2DFAC6D6D13_zpsnpsvi89l.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0241_zpsfsgvsgmn.jpg]

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 5 users Like RearViewMirror's post
04-03-2017, 02:54 PM
Not sure if it's the right thread, but this made me smile today.

"Old men make old words holy. - A fool may scrawl on a slate and if no one has the wit to wipe it clean for a thousand years the scrawl becomes the wisdom of ages."

Honorous J. Ancrath
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
04-03-2017, 03:24 PM
(04-03-2017 02:50 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  This not only made me smile but also brought a tear to my eye. Only my 11 year old daughter is able to do that.

[Image: CBFB8062-8D2F-4FC8-A979-F2DFAC6D6D13_zpsnpsvi89l.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0241_zpsfsgvsgmn.jpg]

Thumbsup Not a small thing at all. Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-03-2017, 07:15 PM
I am a vengeful sandworm and sometimes horrible Catholic. But, another person from my former Baptist church was arrested. And any bad news for that place warms my cold heart.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user