Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-03-2017, 11:45 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
I'm seconds away from finishing downloading Vikings: Wolves of Midgard demo.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2017, 02:59 PM
We got all the stuff for our little balcony herb garden. Smile Well, most of it. Picked up a couple chairs to lounge in, but we still need a small table of some sort. And we got all the herbs (rosemary, basil, oregano, and mint) in their pots but we still need to rig them up to the balcony railing. Weren't able to find the kind of over-the-rail hooks we were wanting and the thing we tried to rig up on our own didn't work out. But we think we can use zip ties to solve the problem. Just gotta go get 'em.

Maybe will get some hanging plants eventually too and some lighting to fancy it up a tad. ^__^ Yay to finally making some use of our balcony space. Hobo

26-03-2017, 04:15 PM
(25-03-2017 06:13 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  So this is how they sell dogs.

[Image: 17390505_1452793651429004_7733689307561843980_o.jpg]

My brothers dog Luna.

Cats, too.

[Image: cat-in-a-jar-img-4sv-1054x790.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
27-03-2017, 03:14 PM
Going through the old backup of my phone and found this from about 4-5 years ago.

It's not Halloween...it's how my youngest son used to prepare for battle against his older brother. He took nerf war very seriously. I must have a picture of him in his "Rambo" getup when they were fighting with nerf guns around here also.
[attachment=3711]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 2 users Like unsapien's post
27-03-2017, 05:07 PM
(27-03-2017 03:14 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Going through the old backup of my phone and found this from about 4-5 years ago.

It's not Halloween...it's how my youngest son used to prepare for battle against his older brother. He took nerf war very seriously. I must have a picture of him in his "Rambo" getup when they were fighting with nerf guns around here also.

I particularly like his headgear. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-03-2017, 09:42 PM

Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
28-03-2017, 03:18 AM

"I love you, robot!"

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
28-03-2017, 06:11 AM
This popped up on my Facebook feed today. Made me smile...I have such good memories of granddaddy Edgar. Smile

[Image: 29urupu.jpg]

His boat was named Twins and later he added Twins II named for my aunt and uncle who are twins.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
29-03-2017, 09:00 AM
Heard as a student was leaving after taking a test in Criminology, "I feel like I'm not a big enough geek to get all of the references he buries in these."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
30-03-2017, 10:15 PM
So today I went to the dentist for a cleaning and it is my last dental appointment until October!! Big Grin It's been a long road, and I still gotta pay off the money that 'twas borrowed to get all the dental work done, but am glad it is done. ^__^

Thanks everybody for listening to my whining in the Ranting Corner along the way. Blush

Anyway, in other good news, we get to go back to our casual dress code and wear jeans (have had to dress up the last couple of days because the board of directors was "in the house" so to speak) so yay I'll get to do the stairs again. Smile I already do thirty-minute walks at home each night (well, I walk 5 nights in a row, take 1 night off, rinse and repeat, but you get the idea) but I had been starting to work in taking the stairs at work and that was on hiatus the last couple of days because I was in heels.

So tomorrow I can wear jeans and sneakers and do just fine. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post