Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
31-03-2017, 12:41 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
National Bunsen Burner Day, and not only that ....
So many things to celebrate today. Facepalm
http://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/2017/...urner-day/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Cafe du Monde coffee in the morning!!!! Big Grin

01-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Not too long ago, some local fuckers were boycotting outside of Target. I tell you, that boycott has really worked. There were a ton of people at Target today. Hobo Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
01-04-2017, 07:59 PM

[+] 5 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
01-04-2017, 08:02 PM
[Image: Menu_Salads_SmCaesar.png]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
03-04-2017, 09:16 AM
My problem man-child wasn't in my first class this morning. Smile

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
03-04-2017, 10:14 AM
(03-04-2017 09:16 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My problem man-child wasn't in my first class this morning. Smile

Do you have a 3 unexcused no show boot policy? That can be helpful with weeding out the distractions. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-04-2017, 11:07 AM
(03-04-2017 10:14 AM)kim Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 09:16 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My problem man-child wasn't in my first class this morning. Smile

Do you have a 3 unexcused no show boot policy? That can be helpful with weeding out the distractions. Shy

Nah, 3 no shows and I start deducting from your combined attendance/participation grade to the tune of about 15% of the points per time, as a policy in the Syllabus. So if you miss enough class, you'll probably lose two letter grades by the Final...if your scores were perfect. If you already were down at say a D...heh. When I started TAing about 5 years ago, before getting a real position, I accepted almost any excuse as long as you emailed me.

Now it's more like, to give the example of today, [name of female student]'s father has a brain tumor and she's here, what the Hell is your excuse? Not that I'd say it out loud. Though also on the policies front, I give makeup test days at the end of the semester. We have this weird thing where Finals Week starts on Tuesday and we're expected to have class that Monday, so I set it aside for Makeup Tests. Anyone can miss any test for any reason, no need to give me an excuse. I'll have them printed and ready with their names on them and waiting. Fail to do the Makeup Test on that day though, and it's a zero. Plus this then gives me a paper trail where I can pull out all the makeups people didn't bother to do and say, "Well these were all there in class, and here's a list of the people who did do their makeup tests."

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
03-04-2017, 11:17 AM
(03-04-2017 11:07 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 10:14 AM)kim Wrote:  Do you have a 3 unexcused no show boot policy? That can be helpful with weeding out the distractions. Shy

Nah, 3 no shows and I start deducting from your combined attendance/participation grade to the tune of about 15% of the points per time, as a policy in the Syllabus. So if you miss enough class, you'll probably lose two letter grades by the Final...if your scores were perfect. If you already were down at say a D...heh. When I started TAing about 5 years ago, before getting a real position, I accepted almost any excuse as long as you emailed me.

I guess a failing grade will cause more damage to the transcript. Students don't always think of that - the end seems so far away. You gotta really want what you want. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-04-2017, 11:42 AM
Stuff that makes me smile? Mediocre games with magnificent music:

You've probably never heard of Warbreeds... it's a very obscure game most people have never heard of that didn't sell too well and didn't do too well with critics either.

But it's music? It's music is fucking awesome. You may not have heard the game but please hear the music.