Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-04-2017, 03:31 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(12-04-2017 02:51 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 11:18 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Joke in meeting with Dean, Assistant Dean, and their Admin. Assistant, "So if [administrative assistant for our Dean] is Caesar secretly, then which of you is Pompey and which of you is Crassus?"

"So which of you gets molten gold poured down your throat by vengeful pre-Arabs, and which one will [Dean's Assistant] arrange to be stabbed repeatedly?"

(12-04-2017 03:29 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 11:18 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Joke in meeting with Dean, Assistant Dean, and their Admin. Assistant, "So if [administrative assistant for our Dean] is Caesar secretly, then which of you is Pompey and which of you is Crassus?"

"My confirmation name is Brutus ... just sayin' " ... you should have mumbled.

I wish you two had been at that meeting now. Big Grin

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
14-04-2017, 09:19 AM
I feel like my imagination is awakening from a long slumber. Lots of story-related ideas percolating in the ol' noggin. Big Grin Oh muse, I have missed you, my old friend. Heart

Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
14-04-2017, 02:00 PM
Going through the Taco Bell Drive-Thru.

Guy: Welcome to Taco Bell, how are you doing today?

Me: I'm good, how are you?

Guy: I'm just living the dream man.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
14-04-2017, 02:13 PM
Sun and very little cloud cover. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
14-04-2017, 02:40 PM
I think they fixed the network issues for the remainder of my office hours. Things are loading again and not randomly cutting off half my posts as it sends the data to post.

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
14-04-2017, 11:05 PM
9 hours later the prep for EA's daughters Sweet 16 party is nearly done. It looks amazing but jeebus fuck am I tired. Now as long as her good for nothing asshat father actually shows up and does not make a giant ass of himself should be a good day.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-04-2017, 10:35 AM
I am sooooo tempted to get a third cup of Cafe du Monde chicory coffee this morning, but I'd better not. Already buzzing a bit. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
15-04-2017, 10:46 AM
(14-04-2017 02:00 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Going through the Taco Bell Drive-Thru.

Guy: Welcome to Taco Bell, how are you doing today?

Me: I'm good, how are you?

Guy: I'm just living the dream man.

That's funny.
A couple weeks ago, early morning I was in an elevator with one of the most distinguished heart surgeons on the West Coast, who looked like he had been up all night in the OR, the door opened, and in came the Chief of Staff. He asked how he was. He said "Just livin' the dream at Cedars, man, livin' the dream" ... there is "no exit'. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Friend just sent me a message on Facebook. Her daughter didn't want a picture with the Easter Bunny, but loved the giant carrot. So there's this two year old standing next to a carrot more than six times her height. Laugh out load

[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
15-04-2017, 12:00 PM
Found bubbles in a bottle shaped like a Peeps marshmallow and little 50 piece puzzles in tins (Hello Kitty, Winnie the Pooh, and My Little Pony) for a dollar each at the store. Got a gift bag for 20 cents. Threw some candy in there for the kiddo when she comes over. That's as Easter as it gets around here. Thumbsup

My son was kicking a soccer ball around with the kiddo last night in his front yard and scared up a whole litter of bunnies...kiddo was quite excited about that.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post