Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-04-2017, 12:01 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(14-04-2017 09:19 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I feel like my imagination is awakening from a long slumber. Lots of story-related ideas percolating in the ol' noggin. Big Grin Oh muse, I have missed you, my old friend. Heart

They tell me it's called manic depression.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-04-2017, 01:44 PM
I'm caught up with my emails, my paper grading, and half my test grading. But think I need a break before the other half. Smile *shakes fist in defiance at network malfunction yesterday and stuff I needed to do this weekend*

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-04-2017, 09:32 AM
I got offered a job today!!!! Granted I pass a background check and drug test which I should unless there is something even I do not know about.

ClapClapClapClapClapClap

Banana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorro

Sorry for the Smiley spam, I am just so excited.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 8 users Like JDog554's post
18-04-2017, 09:47 AM
(18-04-2017 09:32 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I got offered a job today!!!! Granted I pass a background check and drug test which I should unless there is something even I do not know about.

ClapClapClapClapClapClap

Congratulations! Last time I got a job and had to take a urine test, (1996) I laughed and told the guy hiring me that if coffee is on the bad list, I'm toast.
18-04-2017, 09:56 AM
(18-04-2017 09:47 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(18-04-2017 09:32 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I got offered a job today!!!! Granted I pass a background check and drug test which I should unless there is something even I do not know about.

ClapClapClapClapClapClap

Congratulations! Last time I got a job and had to take a urine test, (1996) I laughed and told the guy hiring me that if coffee is on the bad list, I'm toast.

I think it's a swab to the mouth now.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
18-04-2017, 10:01 AM

ClapClapClapClapClapClap

Cool! What you gonna do?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
18-04-2017, 10:02 AM
(18-04-2017 10:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

ClapClapClapClapClapClap

Cool! What you gonna do?

Weekend Janitor essentially though I will work other positions during the weekdays if they need extra hands. $10.92 an hour.

18-04-2017, 10:08 AM
Feeling emotionally better today. Embarrassed and frustrated and disturbed by how easily my internal alarms were set off, sending me into self-defense mode and walling off and shutting down. You think you are doing good and bam. Sad

Physically, a little under the weather. There's been so much sickness around the office that I'm going to go ahead and go on in to a doctor today rather than wait 'til I feel like death to do so.

18-04-2017, 04:04 PM
The hospital and department I work for just got a big fat award, after two days of intense scrutiny and tension. This afternoon when they were looking at the data stuff I do, (and get from patient records and the Cath Lab and OR), they said "But mostly, hospitals have physicians doing this, how is it you learned Cardiology ? I basically didn't have an answer, so the Admin piped up and said "His dad taught him". Then in the wrap-up award presentation, two people were signaled out, me and a NP who basically picks up messes for the docs (nurse practitioner). They said "These two do an amazing job, but they are over-worked. They should both be 2 FTE positions. What if they won the lottery, what would you do ? Get them some more help." Hahahaha. My VP turned around and looked at me with a smile." (It'll be a cold day in hell when they make my position a two person one.) Oh well.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-04-2017, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2017 04:35 PM by Anjele.)
So, the dreaded tax deadline has passed. Those of us at the office sat in the conference room this afternoon while the owner and his partner enjoyed some well-earned Jack Daniels. E (aka Sister Christian) even had a tiny sip while M and I passed. One by one everyone else left until it was just the boss and me. We had a nice talk and he told me he is very happy that I came to work for him. Now...if that will translate to more money at the end of the month...I will really have something to smile about. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post