Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-04-2017, 06:18 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(23-04-2017 05:24 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Oops, thought I was in the ranting corner. Ah well. Sleepy

Is it a smile-inducing coma? I look like the walking dead when I take antihistamines.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
24-04-2017, 06:22 AM
I've been flying R/C aircraft for 30 years or so, but the last few years, I've only flew a few times.

Yesterday I took out the new plane I bought at a swap meet, and did a bunch of takeoffs and landings. I then did it again with one of my old hotrod planes, and then got out the quad copter and got some flights.

All went like textbook magic. Didn't dork anything.

Damn I'm good.

I still got it.

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
24-04-2017, 06:46 AM
My 12 year old daughter gave this to me the other day. On a normal evening, just out of the blue, she wrote this to me. Very few people in this world have the ability to reduce me to tears. She happens to be one of them.

[Image: 7mSTP1gh.jpg]

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 2 users Like RearViewMirror's post
24-04-2017, 06:47 AM
(22-04-2017 11:04 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I filled out an application to adopt another Cavalier last night. I was looking at a little male who is about Ziggy's age and sounds like he has the same level of energy and mischief as Zig though he is half the size.

Not sure if I will hear back on that particular dog but they (the rescue organization) will keep my application for six months.

Ziggy wants so bad for Karma to run and play with him but she is just too much of a couch potato for all that craziness.

The heartbreak dog. They die pretty young for a smaller breed.
24-04-2017, 02:51 PM
My oldest daughter just shared a post from an atheist page on Facebook.

*sniff sniff* I'm so proud. Sadcryface
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
24-04-2017, 04:34 PM
(24-04-2017 06:47 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(22-04-2017 11:04 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I filled out an application to adopt another Cavalier last night. I was looking at a little male who is about Ziggy's age and sounds like he has the same level of energy and mischief as Zig though he is half the size.

Not sure if I will hear back on that particular dog but they (the rescue organization) will keep my application for six months.

Ziggy wants so bad for Karma to run and play with him but she is just too much of a couch potato for all that craziness.

The heartbreak dog. They die pretty young for a smaller breed.

You are really a little ray of sunshine, aren't you? Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-04-2017, 08:05 PM

I did a terrible, bad thing today. The lady up the road from me. was walking her new puppy (king Charles Cav)...Omg OMG OMG...

I had to stop..I had to pet it....It had the softest fur EVER! It was like silk...

Does it stay like that???

This is bad...she gave me the number of the breeder....who has two more....
Sadcryface

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-04-2017, 08:23 PM
(24-04-2017 08:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

I did a terrible, bad thing today. The lady up the road from me. was walking her new puppy (king Charles Cav)...Omg OMG OMG...

I had to stop..I had to pet it....It had the softest fur EVER! It was like silk...

Sadcryface

Yes, it does.

They are great little dogs. Grooming is an issue...if you let their fur grow you can end up with some seriously long ears that need to be kept tangle free. I keep mine shaved and trimmed due to the heat here.

I have heard them called Velcro dogs...Karma is definitely attached to husband...we refer to her as UMA - or Up Mike's Ass.

Zig isn't quite as needy but he does have to follow me from room to room. He's like Chop in that he wants to be near but not on me.

Ask about health checks.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-04-2017, 09:36 PM
(24-04-2017 08:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 08:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I did a terrible, bad thing today. The lady up the road from me. was walking her new puppy (king Charles Cav)...Omg OMG OMG...

Sadcryface

Yes, it does.

They are great little dogs. Grooming is an issue...if you let their fur grow you can end up with some seriously long ears that need to be kept tangle free. I keep mine shaved and trimmed due to the heat here.

I have heard them called Velcro dogs...Karma is definitely attached to husband...we refer to her as UMA - or Up Mike's Ass.

Zig isn't quite as needy but he does have to follow me from room to room. He's like Chop in that he wants to be near but not on me.

Ask about health checks.

Omg I'm in big trouble then. Of course it had that new puppy smell....too...

But it was soooo adorable.

The man put his foot down and said no.

But damn...if he would just touch it...I know he'd fall too. (I think). Smile

That fur was amazing.....

I felt like that cartoon that wanted the bunny rabbit...

I've never been so taken with an animal before. Duke was cute...really adorable....but his fur was soft but nothing like this....

But...being pragmatic, the grooming part is a little off putting. I've never had a dog that required a lot of brushing or stuff like that.

Hmmmmmm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-04-2017, 09:43 PM
(24-04-2017 09:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 08:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yes, it does.

Ask about health checks.

Omg I'm in big trouble then. Of course it had that new puppy smell....too...

But it was soooo adorable.

The man put his foot down and said no.

But damn...if he would just touch it...I know he'd fall too. (I think). Smile

That fur was amazing.....

I felt like that cartoon that wanted the bunny rabbit...

I've never been so taken with an animal before. Duke was cute...really adorable....but his fur was soft but nothing like this....

But...being pragmatic, the grooming part is a little off putting. I've never had a dog that required a lot of brushing or stuff like that.

Hmmmmmm

A trip to the groomer every 4-6 weeks takes care of all that. Letting the fur grow un trimmed can mean a dog with ears that drag through food and water. The slippers on their feet is pretty cool but makes traction on hard floors a challenge.

What color was the one you saw? I have a black and tan and a tri. The rescue I am looking at is Blenheim.