Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-04-2017, 10:39 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(24-04-2017 09:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 09:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Omg I'm in big trouble then. Of course it had that new puppy smell....too...

But it was soooo adorable.

The man put his foot down and said no.

But damn...if he would just touch it...I know he'd fall too. (I think). Smile

That fur was amazing.....

I felt like that cartoon that wanted the bunny rabbit...

I've never been so taken with an animal before. Duke was cute...really adorable....but his fur was soft but nothing like this....

But...being pragmatic, the grooming part is a little off putting. I've never had a dog that required a lot of brushing or stuff like that.

Hmmmmmm

A trip to the groomer every 4-6 weeks takes care of all that. Letting the fur grow un trimmed can mean a dog with ears that drag through food and water. The slippers on their feet is pretty cool but makes traction on hard floors a challenge.

What color was the one you saw? I have a black and tan and a tri. The rescue I am looking at is Blenheim.

It was blonde and tan, not sure what the other puppies looked like....

I would totally name it Blondie though Shy

See? I'm totally in trouble. I've already named it. Facepalm

Kinda looked like this one....but the ear fur looked a little lighter. More like a strawberry blonde.

[Image: 5-dicas-para-fotografar-seu-pet-capa.jpg?1432819431]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-04-2017, 04:56 AM
(24-04-2017 10:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 09:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  A trip to the groomer every 4-6 weeks takes care of all that. Letting the fur grow un trimmed can mean a dog with ears that drag through food and water. The slippers on their feet is pretty cool but makes traction on hard floors a challenge.

What color was the one you saw? I have a black and tan and a tri. The rescue I am looking at is Blenheim.

It was blonde and tan, not sure what the other puppies looked like....

I would totally name it Blondie though Shy

See? I'm totally in trouble. I've already named it. Facepalm

Kinda looked like this one....but the ear fur looked a little lighter. More like a strawberry blonde.

[Image: 5-dicas-para-fotografar-seu-pet-capa.jpg?1432819431]

That's a Blenheim.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-04-2017, 10:05 AM
(24-04-2017 04:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 06:47 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The heartbreak dog. They die pretty young for a smaller breed.

You are really a little ray of sunshine, aren't you? Dodgy

It is how the breed is known. They have a reputation for having heart problems. My wife is a groomer and has a client that has those dogs. One of them died at 10 years old of congestive heart failure.
25-04-2017, 10:14 AM
(25-04-2017 10:05 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 04:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You are really a little ray of sunshine, aren't you? Dodgy

It is how the breed is known. They have a reputation for having heart problems. My wife is a groomer and has a client that has those dogs. One of them died at 10 years old of congestive heart failure.

Dodgy

Some people just don't know when to stop.

25-04-2017, 10:23 AM
(25-04-2017 10:14 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-04-2017 10:05 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  It is how the breed is known. They have a reputation for having heart problems. My wife is a groomer and has a client that has those dogs. One of them died at 10 years old of congestive heart failure.

Dodgy

I am a realist and I thought I was surrounded by realists. Realistically speaking, the Cavalier King Charles is not a long lived breed. It is not me being cruel, it is just a fact of life. 9-14 year life expectency.
It is the whole reason I purchased a companion bird. He has a life span of around 60 to 80 years and even longer if kept healthy.
25-04-2017, 10:34 AM
(25-04-2017 10:23 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(25-04-2017 10:14 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Dodgy

I am a realist and I thought I was surrounded by realists. Realistically speaking, the Cavalier King Charles is not a long lived breed. It is not me being cruel, it is just a fact of life. 9-14 year life expectency.
It is the whole reason I purchased a companion bird. He has a life span of around 60 to 80 years and even longer if kept healthy.

I'm sure anj is well aware of the breed issues -- she's had them for a long time. So not the point, this is a happy thread called, "Small Things that Make You Smile"

You don't have to be such a wet blanket. I'm tired of people who feel it's incumbent on them to shit all over nice things, under the guise, of course, of being a "realist."

25-04-2017, 10:37 AM

[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
25-04-2017, 10:43 AM
(25-04-2017 10:37 AM)pablo Wrote:  

That was me...I went completely insane for a moment! That puppy was sooooooooooooooooooooo cute and soft and cuddly.

I think I scared the lady that I would suffocate the puppy with kisses.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Next time I need pet advice, I will confer with our groomer...certainly not the veterinarian I just voted for in the city counsel race or one of his partners. Dodgy

Anyway, got word today that the rescue organization isn't taking any more applications as they have some great ones already. Also got an email letting me know that they would be making a decision this week.

I think Cooper would be great since he is about he same age as Ziggy and is said to be quite a live wire...like Ziggy. I don't want an older dog or even a puppy but prefer a dog whose personality and traits are already established.

We will see what happens. If I am not selected that's fine...if we are, that's great.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-04-2017, 03:42 PM
(25-04-2017 03:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Next time I need pet advice, I will confer with our groomer...certainly not the veterinarian I just voted for in the city counsel race or one of his partners. Dodgy

Anyway, got word today that the rescue organization isn't taking any more applications as they have some great ones already. Also got an email letting me know that they would be making a decision this week.

I think Cooper would be great since he is about he same age as Ziggy and is said to be quite a live wire...like Ziggy. I don't want an older dog or even a puppy but prefer a dog whose personality and traits are already established.

We will see what happens. If I am not selected that's fine...if we are, that's great.

I hope it works out!