Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-04-2017, 03:46 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(25-04-2017 03:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-04-2017 03:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Next time I need pet advice, I will confer with our groomer...certainly not the veterinarian I just voted for in the city counsel race or one of his partners. Dodgy

Anyway, got word today that the rescue organization isn't taking any more applications as they have some great ones already. Also got an email letting me know that they would be making a decision this week.

I think Cooper would be great since he is about he same age as Ziggy and is said to be quite a live wire...like Ziggy. I don't want an older dog or even a puppy but prefer a dog whose personality and traits are already established.

We will see what happens. If I am not selected that's fine...if we are, that's great.

I hope it works out!

Part of the requirements are being close enough for a home visit there and a home visit here. Also, they want to check on the applicant's vet clinic to make sure they aren't a bunch of dipshits and that they are regulars there.

Some of the people who can't read have applied from Georgia and New Hampshire. We are less than an hour away...so maybe we will make the short list.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-04-2017, 04:53 PM
(25-04-2017 03:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-04-2017 03:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I hope it works out!

Part of the requirements are being close enough for a home visit there and a home visit here. Also, they want to check on the applicant's vet clinic to make sure they aren't a bunch of dipshits and that they are regulars there.

Some of the people who can't read have applied from Georgia and New Hampshire. We are less than an hour away...so maybe we will make the short list.

Wow, they really care about the placement. That's good!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-04-2017, 04:54 PM
[Image: ZVamBop.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
26-04-2017, 06:37 AM
(25-04-2017 03:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-04-2017 03:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I hope it works out!

Good luck. It can sometimes be harder to get a rescue dog than it is to get children. Some of the rescues out there are pretty ridiculous. If I were running a rescue, I would have minimal rules. Not sure exactly they would be, but probably similar to when my wife and I got our dog or our new cat. They wanted to know who our vet was and what we feed our animals.

On a side note, our cat had her follow up appointment to have blood tests after her liver enzymes were elevated after being spayed. She has a clean bill of health. Turns out the treats she was getting from the rescue were as bad as we thought. I think they were made by Friskies. We only feed our animals the top quality food. None of the store brands.
26-04-2017, 09:26 AM
Storms rolling in today. I don't know what it is about rain and storms but I absolutely love to sit and hear the thunder, lightning, and rain. For some reason I've always enjoyed cloudy days and rain. Maybe is something about giving life back to the earth but I don't think that's it. I just like rainy days and thunder.

Don't get me wrong... I also relish sunny days in the 70's when it is beautiful. I love the fall when the trees change colors and I love winter and seeing the snow fall. But there is something I find fascinating about the pure power of nature. That said... Tornados... eh... not so much. But we have a safe room installed in our house though so whatever will be will be.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
26-04-2017, 04:39 PM
(26-04-2017 06:37 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(25-04-2017 03:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Part of the requirements are being close enough for a home visit there and a home visit here. Also, they want to check on the applicant's vet clinic to make sure they aren't a bunch of dipshits and that they are regulars there.

Good luck. It can sometimes be harder to get a rescue dog than it is to get children. Some of the rescues out there are pretty ridiculous. If I were running a rescue, I would have minimal rules. Not sure exactly they would be, but probably similar to when my wife and I got our dog or our new cat. They wanted to know who our vet was and what we feed our animals.

On a side note, our cat had her follow up appointment to have blood tests after her liver enzymes were elevated after being spayed. She has a clean bill of health. Turns out the treats she was getting from the rescue were as bad as we thought. I think they were made by Friskies. We only feed our animals the top quality food. None of the store brands.

Cavs tend to be pretty expensive. They are taking steps to find a good home and to help prevent them from being adopted for little or no effort or money in order for them to be resold.

Adopting my cat was easy. Paid a little bit but that included the cost of fixing him when he was old enough. When we adopted Lady the cost was reasonable and though she was a mixed breed of dubious heritage, the agency still did a home visit before allowing us to have her.

All our pets eat good quality food and treats. In the long run it saves money in vet costs.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-04-2017, 10:38 PM
Really enjoying the new Bill Nye show on Netflix, "Bill Nye Saves the World" Big Grin

27-04-2017, 12:27 AM
... that "artiste" is an anagram of "arse" and "tit".

Smile

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
27-04-2017, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2017 07:13 PM by pablo.)
Grandson Jordan outside the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago.

[Image: Ed9FotI.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
27-04-2017, 07:08 PM
(27-04-2017 07:06 PM)pablo Wrote:  Outside the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago.

[Image: Ed9FotI.jpg]

You are a lot younger than I thought you were.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post