Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-05-2017, 05:17 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Got a lot done today: Made 3 Review Games, 3 Final Exams. Printed off 180+ Finals. Printed off and put names on 31 makeup tests for the Makeup Test Day on Monday.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
05-05-2017, 05:00 AM
On May the Fourth Transport Canada issued a recall...

On all model 2017 AT-AT walkers... about 10,000 walkers are affected.

Say what you will about the Canada bureaucracy but they do have their moments.

Too bad they missed recalling the death star!

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
05-05-2017, 09:06 AM
The students come up with the most interesting ideas that I wouldn't, perhaps being too set in my ways of thinking. Was grading some papers for my Theory class, and they had to choose a theory we'd discussed and relate it to Straight Outta Compton. One young man gave a solid paper breaking down how the characters of the film fit into Merton's 5 types of people, ranging from the band members being Rebels by replacing society's goals and means with their own, to the wife of the lead singer being a Conformist, since we only ever see her being faithful to her husband and looking over the legal paperwork for him. One young woman argued that in the scene with the L.A. Riots, with the Crips and Bloods coming together and ending their violence against each other briefly, they were in a minor way conforming to the idea of collective efficacy, even if it was for an anti-law enforcement reason.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2017, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2017 03:02 PM by Full Circle.)
I found a GoPro3+ while SCUBA diving this morning. Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
05-05-2017, 10:58 AM
I can breathe deeply ... without coughing up black shit. I might actually enjoy my weekend. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-05-2017, 12:42 PM
(05-05-2017 10:58 AM)kim Wrote:  I can breathe deeply ... without coughing up black shit. I might actually enjoy my weekend. Shy

You giving up smoking?
05-05-2017, 02:12 PM
I haven't worn my wedding ring in a few years because I've been afraid I'd lose stone.

It's happened twice. Once I never found it, the second time (same stone) I did find it, which was just luck).

I knew the tips (the part that holds the stones in place) were pretty worn down...so I put it in my jewelry box and started wearing my mom's wedding band instead.

So there's a jewelry story that does in-house repairs...which is kinda important to me.

Anyway, I decided to bring it in today. It'll be ready next Saturday! They're going to replace 14 tips! It's going to look like new.

I can't wait!

Yay me!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-05-2017, 02:32 PM
(05-05-2017 10:38 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I found a GoPro3 while SCUBA diving this morning. Smile

Still work?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
05-05-2017, 03:03 PM
(05-05-2017 02:32 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 10:38 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I found a GoPro3 while SCUBA diving this morning. Smile

Still work?

Looks like new.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
05-05-2017, 04:15 PM
I have just downloaded the video and images from the GoPro I found. I can clearly see who the person that lost it looks like. The question is how do I find them? They must be close by visiting from the Phillipines but is there such a thing as a worldwide Lost & Found site?