Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-05-2017, 03:40 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(14-05-2017 03:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-05-2017 01:47 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Two days off of work and I am going to be an uncle!

Are these things related?

Well it seems while I was working, so was my brother. Other than that, no. Just happened at the same time.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2017, 03:44 PM
I have had a purse I like on my Amazon wish list for a while. My son gave me an Amazon gift card for Mother's Day so the purse is on its way. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
14-05-2017, 04:54 PM
I was reading something about Bulgaria (still trying to persuade my friends from other countries to come visit me (and when they finally decide to, I kinda disappear, but let's not go there) and this kinda made me giggle:

"If in Sofia, try to avoid dark streets at night. Stepping in a pothole is a much greater danger in Bulgaria than getting robbed." Laughat

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
14-05-2017, 07:10 PM
Rev and my son are taking care of dishes tonight. And I am just chilling out and waiting for the brownies Rev mixed up to come out of the oven. Heart He came over and felt my forehead and checked my lymph nodes and had me go "aah" so he could check my throat/tonsils and then goes "Yep, you need a brownie." lol ^__^ Feeling a bit better, though my lower back and stomach still ache now and then.

[+] 4 users Like Escape Artist's post
14-05-2017, 08:00 PM
(14-05-2017 07:10 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Rev and my son are taking care of dishes tonight. And I am just chilling out and waiting for the brownies Rev mixed up to come out of the oven. Heart He came over and felt my forehead and checked my lymph nodes and had me go "aah" so he could check my throat/tonsils and then goes "Yep, you need a brownie." lol ^__^ Feeling a bit better, though my lower back and stomach still ache now and then.

Leaded or unleaded brownies to help you feel better? Consider

Get well soon.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
15-05-2017, 01:55 PM
I've been looking for a good pillow that will support my head and neck so a) I will snore less & b) I won't keep waking up with a stiff neck and shoulders.

Yesterday I was out with my wife at a local flea market/clearance outlet. I came across a cheap pillow made of hard "memory foam", thought I'd give it a shot.

It was wonderful, best sleep I've had in a long time....

The best part is that in the morning my wife told me that it was so quiet last night that it woke her up! Blink Guess over the years my snoring has become like "white noise" for her!

She actually said that for a moment she thought I might be dead and had to check if I was still breathing! Laugh out load

After 19 years of marriage and my wife still wants me to stay alive....

.... ce l'amour non? Heart

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
7!
[+] 5 users Like unsapien's post
15-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Not sure if I want to smile or sob...my niece will be 33 this year. She works as an administrative assistant for a company in Chicago. This year she got a $12,000.00 bonus and a $5,000.00 a year raise. She is single and has no kids...just cats. Wonder if she would adopt her poor old aunt. Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
15-05-2017, 06:04 PM
We had Geography Bowl at the university today. 8 schools with 17 teams from WI and IL. Went from 7:45am to 1:50pm and had a blast and so did the kids.

(15-05-2017 04:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not sure if I want to smile or sob...my niece will be 33 this year. She works as an administrative assistant for a company in Chicago. This year she got a $12,000.00 bonus and a $5,000.00 a year raise. She is single and has no kids...just cats. Wonder if she would adopt her poor old aunt. Weeping

Your niece is single, going to be two years older than me (as of next month), and gets actual raises you say? And in the Chicagoland area? If aunt Anjele wants to try and maybe play matchmaker... Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
15-05-2017, 06:49 PM
(15-05-2017 06:04 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  our niece is single, going to be two years older than me (as of next month), and gets actual raises you say? And in the Chicagoland area? If aunt Anjele wants to try and maybe play matchmaker... Tongue

I don't know if you could keep up with her. She spends her time off attending music festivals and going to sporting events when she isn't traveling to spend time with her family...especially her half sister who recently moved to Colorado.

Yeah, she get real raises and bonuses and is permanently exempted from drug testing by the owner of the company.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-05-2017, 03:50 PM
So fun conversation with my Dean; was returning a contract to update a class for a graduate program and asked her something that's been bugging me, "So um...why does International Studies on their poster, have the Stars and Bars Confederate battle flag next to Brazil's?"

She walks over, "Oh come on [Shai] they don't have--well...umm...maybe I should ask them."

"It looked like an okay stock photo at a glance?"

"Probably. We'll blame Getty or Shutterstock and hope no one else ever notices this."

It made me laugh.

(15-05-2017 06:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 06:04 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  our niece is single, going to be two years older than me (as of next month), and gets actual raises you say? And in the Chicagoland area? If aunt Anjele wants to try and maybe play matchmaker... Tongue

I don't know if you could keep up with her. She spends her time off attending music festivals and going to sporting events when she isn't traveling to spend time with her family...especially her half sister who recently moved to Colorado.

Yeah, she get real raises and bonuses and is permanently exempted from drug testing by the owner of the company.

Probably couldn't keep up with her. Tongue Such a homebody, also I've never been to a secular music festival in my life. /naive

Need to think of a witty signature.