Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-05-2017, 11:58 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
First day in over 6 weeks that my SO didn't awake with a thunderous headache, so it seems her concussion is slowly - VERY slowly - beginning to heal. Doc says she needs at least another month off work. Fortunately, we've got plenty saved.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
24-05-2017, 03:44 PM
Only friend I really have in town dropped by my office and took me to the comic book shop we've both been intending to find. Then a brief driving tour of the two cities the university is built between. We also had a brief debate about how he thinks there's a ton of churches and I think it's not that many...so we started playing a game, "There's one" one of us would say and point while we drove. By about the 20th church, I had to admit he was right.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
25-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Found a new podcast thingy, and just listened to a very fascinating episode!

The one they did on New Age stuff was interesting too. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
25-05-2017, 02:21 PM
So, a not so little thing that is making me smile today. It is now official. I will be moving to Georgia toward the end of June. I nailed the interview and received a letter of job offer so I can get an apartment. My base pay is currently a tiny bit less than I make working 50 hours now, but the commission is 30%. The top sales person there is currently pulling in somewhere over 6k per month in commission checks. I plan to smoke their record if I can. I purchased a prepaid cell phone with a number local to where I will be. This will allow me to post my own ads to craigslist, have customers contact me directly, and be available outside of business hours. If I even do half as well there as I do here as far as sales and my profit margins, I will be on easy street. Medical benefits will be covered 90% for me and 50% for my wife. Can someone tell me what I was thinking staying in New Jersey all these years? I mean, seriously. If I had only known that everything pays better there than they do in NJ, I would have left a long time ago.
[+] 6 users Like Birdguy1979's post
25-05-2017, 08:36 PM
Took tomorrow off. Four day weekend. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
27-05-2017, 05:46 PM
Enchiladas are in the oven, and they smell nommy. Drooling

Took the car to a little local auto shop for an oil change today and to see about a Maintenance Required light that came on in my car this morning and left there feeling good and not like they were screwing me like the fucking dealership I'd taken it to before.

Been watching Avatar: The Last Airbender series on Amazon Prime streaming and have followed up each episode with Channel Awesome's vlog about each episode.

Also, we picked up the entire series of Cowboy Bebop yesterday! Big Grin So I may watch a bit of that later, too. Heart

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
27-05-2017, 06:37 PM
Enchiladas came out great. ^__^

[+] 4 users Like Escape Artist's post
29-05-2017, 10:59 AM
[Image: DBAlumKUQAAFEud.jpg]

Saturday Morning cartoons Redux. EA watching the Cowboy Bebop DVD we picked up Friday. So cute.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-05-2017, 11:13 AM
(29-05-2017 10:59 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: DBAlumKUQAAFEud.jpg]

Saturday Morning cartoons Redux. EA watching the Cowboy Bebop DVD we picked up Friday. So cute.

What an awesome series!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-05-2017, 11:20 AM
No pictures!!! Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post