Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-06-2017, 11:42 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(12-06-2017 09:33 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Guess we'll get another compliment of being "good Christian boys."

No matter the fluff, that was good work anyway Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
13-06-2017, 04:14 PM
This picture on flickr, which might be the perfect embodiment of wabi-sabi... (the concept in traditional Japanese aesthetics constituting a worldview centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection.) Blush

[Image: 34451920533_da25faa9bf_c.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
13-06-2017, 08:04 PM
I was just out walking the dog and was accosted by two happy young Mormon kids on bikes (first time in a few years, but first time here) ...they politely asked if I'd like a card for their church, and I politely told them "no thank you" and wished them a nice evening; they rolled back around a second time and asked if I knew anyone here who might appreciate hearing the good news about Jesus Christ.

I told them I was sure there were probably a few here ...but I wasn't one of 'em.

They didn't make a third pass. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Grauwyler's post
13-06-2017, 09:01 PM
I had an online chat with a comcast cable tv representative and was able to fix the problem with my new cable tv setup without needing a service call.
[+] 1 user Likes big green mouth's post
13-06-2017, 10:54 PM
I watched part of the Jeff Sessions hearing today. He absolutely refused to answer the most important questions asked of him :
1. Where is the Keebler elf tree, really, and does he live there full time or part time ?
2. It it true he played one of the rats in Ratatoullie ?
3. Does he or does he not recall who ate the cookies ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-06-2017, 09:00 AM
(13-06-2017 10:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I watched part of the Jeff Sessions hearing today. He absolutely refused to answer the most important questions asked of him :
1. Where is the Keebler elf tree, really, and does he live there full time or part time ?
2. It it true he played one of the rats in Ratatoullie ?
3. Does he or does he not recall who ate the cookies ?

[Image: f62b5e0ac890a902e2a9d3894ce033d3.png]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-06-2017, 12:53 PM
The mechanic at the gas station who fixed my jeep for free Heart Definitely will go back in the future to get my jeep fixed here if it needs any other work done Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
14-06-2017, 03:41 PM
So, I guess whatever Rev has been slipping into my food is taking effect because I am warming significantly to getting a dog. I am starting to see the appeal. They usually have simple needs and desires, so are less complicated than people, and I have to admit that unlike my stuffed animals that I love so much, a dog can reciprocate affection. I still have some slight hangups or hiccups or whatever you want to call them about how much the dog really feels or can feel toward their owner, but the more I educate myself about them and open up to the possible positives of having a dog, the more those diminish. Heart Hobo Heart

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
14-06-2017, 04:18 PM
(14-06-2017 03:41 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So, I guess whatever Rev has been slipping into my food is taking effect because I am warming significantly to getting a dog. I am starting to see the appeal. They usually have simple needs and desires, so are less complicated than people, and I have to admit that unlike my stuffed animals that I love so much, a dog can reciprocate affection. I still have some slight hangups or hiccups or whatever you want to call them about how much the dog really feels or can feel toward their owner, but the more I educate myself about them and open up to the possible positives of having a dog, the more those diminish. Heart Hobo Heart

Dogs are awesome! Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
15-06-2017, 05:16 PM
(14-06-2017 04:18 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 03:41 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So, I guess whatever Rev has been slipping into my food is taking effect because I am warming significantly to getting a dog. I am starting to see the appeal. They usually have simple needs and desires, so are less complicated than people, and I have to admit that unlike my stuffed animals that I love so much, a dog can reciprocate affection. I still have some slight hangups or hiccups or whatever you want to call them about how much the dog really feels or can feel toward their owner, but the more I educate myself about them and open up to the possible positives of having a dog, the more those diminish. Heart Hobo Heart

Dogs are awesome! Drinking Beverage

We're thinking about getting some kind of Corgi mix. Smile It'll still be a while yet before we actually get the dog, but we're narrowing things down.