Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-06-2017, 07:21 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(15-06-2017 05:16 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 04:18 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Dogs are awesome! Drinking Beverage

We're thinking about getting some kind of Corgi mix. Smile It'll still be a while yet before we actually get the dog, but we're narrowing things down.

Nice size for apartment dwelling.

I will be here waiting for the future dog to win you over. Hobo

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-06-2017, 08:23 PM
(15-06-2017 07:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 05:16 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  We're thinking about getting some kind of Corgi mix. Smile It'll still be a while yet before we actually get the dog, but we're narrowing things down.

Nice size for apartment dwelling.

Tee hee hee Angel ^__^

15-06-2017, 08:54 PM
(15-06-2017 08:23 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 07:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Nice size for apartment dwelling.

Tee hee hee Angel ^__^

If you like dogs with big ears, Corgis are going to make you swoon. They have the craziest large ears as puppies! Laugh out load Important to note: They are very sensitive to loud noise, as a result. If your neighbors use firecrackers or firearms, you dog will not be happy. No
15-06-2017, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2017 10:47 PM by Escape Artist.)

This is really good so far. Smile I may make my kids watch it. Yes

ETA: Just finished it. It introduced critical thinking in a way that I think kids could latch onto but I also found it interesting, too. Where was this when I was in school? Yeah, will for sure have to get my kids to check it out. Maybe bribe 'em. Tongue The guy doesn't talk about religion, which I actually think is good because that just puts people immediately on the defensive. Instead he goes after things that most people aren't going to be quite so attached to.

15-06-2017, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2017 10:48 PM by Escape Artist.)
(15-06-2017 08:54 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 08:23 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Tee hee hee Angel ^__^

If you like dogs with big ears, Corgis are going to make you swoon. They have the craziest large ears as puppies! Laugh out load Important to note: They are very sensitive to loud noise, as a result. If your neighbors use firecrackers or firearms, you dog will not be happy. No

We're in an apartment in a quiet neighborhood and our neighbors aren't too noisy. So hopefully will be okay. Hobo

As far as what I like in dogs - I guess I tend to like wolfy-looking dogs. Laugh out load Or foxy ones. Long wolfy nose and those triangular ears. ^__^

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
15-06-2017, 11:34 PM
Kicking ass in Diablo III.

Just racking up those millions upon millions of damage critical hits, and watching the minions of Hell get blasted into gory bits.

[Image: x7KcWPq.gif]

But more specifically, when playing as a Crusader and activating the Akarat's Champion ability, transforming myself into a avatar of destruction and multiplying my offensive capabilities tenfold.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
16-06-2017, 07:31 AM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2017 07:36 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(15-06-2017 10:44 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 08:54 PM)Fireball Wrote:  If you like dogs with big ears, Corgis are going to make you swoon. They have the craziest large ears as puppies! Laugh out load Important to note: They are very sensitive to loud noise, as a result. If your neighbors use firecrackers or firearms, you dog will not be happy. No

We're in an apartment in a quiet neighborhood and our neighbors aren't too noisy. So hopefully will be okay. Hobo

As far as what I like in dogs - I guess I tend to like wolfy-looking dogs. Laugh out load Or foxy ones. Long wolfy nose and those triangular ears. ^__^

Keep in mind two things: many smaller breeds of dog are the right size for an apartment, but are entirely the wrong temperament unless you are willing to dedicate a LOT of time to their training and pay a lot of attention to them. One example would be the Jack Russel terrier, which is a very intelligent but needy dog which can be a Jack Russel terror if you have to leave it in the apartment to go to work and it starts to feel abandoned.

Do a lot more research into the general personality of dog breeds and into the specific personality of the dog you're looking to get; that's a million times more important than what the dog looks like. The right pet can be the best thing in the world... but likewise, the wrong pet choice can make your life a tiny little slice of hell on earth.

No pressure. Tongue

Edit to Add: The line about terrorist Jack Russels reminds me of one of my all time favorite Key & Peele skits:

(You have to click the link; Vimeo won't let me insert it directly into the thread.)

https://vimeo.com/75629013

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
16-06-2017, 07:34 AM
(16-06-2017 07:31 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 10:44 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  We're in an apartment in a quiet neighborhood and our neighbors aren't too noisy. So hopefully will be okay. Hobo

Keep in mind two things: many smaller breeds of dog are the right size for an apartment, but are entirely the wrong temperament unless you are willing to dedicate a LOT of time to their training and pay a lot of attention to them. One example would be the Jack Russel terrier, which is a very intelligent but needy dog which can be a Jack Russel terror if you have to leave it in the apartment to go to work and it starts to feel abandoned.

Do a lot more research into the general personality of dog breeds and into the specific personality of the dog you're looking to get; that's a million times more important than what the dog looks like. The right pet can be the best thing in the world... but likewise, the wrong pet choice can make your life a tiny little slice of hell on earth.

No pressure. Tongue

It is particularly the smaller breeds that are a nightmare. Bark at anything, don't know their small size, and can be very high strung. Be careful.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
16-06-2017, 07:36 AM
(16-06-2017 07:31 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 10:44 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  We're in an apartment in a quiet neighborhood and our neighbors aren't too noisy. So hopefully will be okay. Hobo

No pressure. Tongue

Yup, agree re: Jack Russell terrier. I used to live in a loft in the city and my neighbor had a JT. We had a private dog park in my building and when I would take my 80lb dog out, that JT was relentless in nipping at her heels and causing a ruckus lol. But he was very cute Tongue
16-06-2017, 08:06 AM
Honey, can you call the drone and get some milk please. Yes
Laugh out load
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/16/amazon-is...llion.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post