Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-06-2017, 10:51 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
I got into a car accident last Thursday. (that's not the part to smile about)

I was helping the dealership deliver a group of brand new Sonic Turbos to a rental company, I'm not much of a fan of small cars but the Sonic Turbo has some real nice pep to it!

Anyway my boss rear-ended me at a red light while he was delivering another Sonic. No injuries, but my car wasn't drivable anymore (doesn't take much in such a small car).

Anyway, not my fault Shy , not my insurance Shy , not my car Shy , and I have a get out of trouble card now that I can pull out of my pocket every now and again if he ever gives me shit for something I screw up in the office... "well at least it's not as bad as when you crashed the car..." Shy . (Actually I don't think I'd ever really do that, he got a pretty good razzing all day when we got back to the office).

And I got to sit in the beautiful midday sun for an hour, instead of being stuck in the office, while my boss dealt with the cops & the tow company. Big Grin

I do feel bad for him though.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2017, 01:20 PM

Also this is what pop music should be. Not another fucking love song. This is what it should be.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
17-06-2017, 04:33 PM
Bought a tabletop jointer Wednesday, as my Father's Day gift. Cleaned up the edges of a bunch of boards nicely, today. Now I can cut the biscuit slots and glue up the panels.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
17-06-2017, 05:50 PM
(17-06-2017 01:20 PM)Leerob Wrote:  

Also this is what pop music should be. Not another fucking love song. This is what it should be.

That's freakin' awesome!!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
17-06-2017, 07:25 PM
Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Friday through Sunday in a place where I get at least a modicum of respect. Smile

[Image: 1a39f7124f1a22edc03d9109a956606b.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
17-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Clockwork... uh... why is that bipedal tiger wearing human skin as sleeves?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
17-06-2017, 07:53 PM
(17-06-2017 07:41 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Clockwork... uh... why is that bipedal tiger wearing human skin as sleeves?
I have absolutely no idea. I don't know the artist. Can't really figure out what he was going for.

(It's not a furry con, if that's what you're asking.)
17-06-2017, 08:33 PM
No I didn't even think furry con...I imagine it's some race akin to the Kajit in Elder Scrolls. It looks like the shirt the tiger is wearing is light tan...notice the area at the chest, with the laces. But the effect is to make it look like the sleeves are human skin. I'd have gone for a different shirt color, e.g. maroon.

17-06-2017, 10:47 PM
(17-06-2017 08:33 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  No I didn't even think furry con...I imagine it's some race akin to the Kajit in Elder Scrolls. It looks like the shirt the tiger is wearing is light tan...notice the area at the chest, with the laces. But the effect is to make it look like the sleeves are human skin. I'd have gone for a different shirt color, e.g. maroon.
OK, asked about it. The image we have is by Jason Latour. The others have the main artists. It's the Tellos series from Todd Dezago and Ringo.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
17-06-2017, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2017 11:48 PM by EvolutionKills.)
The last time I needed a mic drop GIF, Obama was still President. How delighted I was now to find a whole slew of new Obama mic drop GIF's from his last White House Correspondence Dinner.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]