Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-07-2017, 10:50 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(07-07-2017 10:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Damn goats. Taking our jobs.
http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/2017/07...nions-now/

Goats can eat poison ivy with impunity? Feckin' hell!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Re: Goats...
Here in my part of the south it is hotter than a goat's ass in a pepper patch.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
09-07-2017, 12:22 PM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
12-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Mr. Pooh Tin. Tiny Mr. Pooh Tin.
He should have asked for a high-chair, or a child's chair.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/08/chris-...ing-video/

Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-07-2017, 07:36 PM
My four year old at my seven year olds birthday party. He started throwing a fit for no good reason other than he was tired, so I took him to our room to calm down. He promptly fell asleep in our bed so we left him for the rest of the evening.

When momma woke him up later he was just like a college frat boy and said, "Is the party still going on? What day is it?" It was too cute.

Then again, the fact that he's already acting like a frat boy makes me wonder if I shouldn't have posted this in the small things that make you frown thread... Dodgy

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
12-07-2017, 08:02 PM
(12-07-2017 07:36 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  My four year old at my seven year olds birthday party. He started throwing a fit for no good reason other than he was tired, so I took him to our room to calm down. He promptly fell asleep in our bed so we left him for the rest of the evening.

When momma woke him up later he was just like a college frat boy and said, "Is the party still going on? What day is it?" It was too cute.

Then again, the fact that he's already acting like a frat boy makes me wonder if I shouldn't have posted this in the small things that make you frown thread... Dodgy

Yeah, my experience with frat rats was generally less than positive (I wasn't one of them). I'm sure you'll do better. We had one frat at my alma mater lose their charter after some seriously stupid shit like having the pledges park on the lawns of the houses neighboring the frat house during rush week, and buying a car (which had no brakes) from a wrecking yard to enter in a parade. People got hurt. One particular trio from that frat surfaced years later at a rifle range officer training class I was conducting (for Boy Scout leaders). It was about 15 years after I had a run-in with the president of that frat in Chem lab for doing stupid dangerous shit. He got a little scorching from the Fireball, but no fisticuffs. Anyway, I keep looking at these guys, same trio from chem lab, and it finally hits me who they are. I'm about 10 years older then they are, so I was ahead of them in terms of their boy's (who they would be running a range for, possibly) ages. Finally, it clicked, and I said, "Oh, Yeah, Zeta Beta Tau!", and they kind of looked sideways and said, "No, Sigma Chi". That was no step up, as that frat had been caught recording tests and giving the crib sheets to their younger members. I'm sure they work for the Chump, now. They sure had the mentality, such as it was, down pat.
12-07-2017, 08:42 PM
(12-07-2017 08:02 PM)Fireball Wrote:  [quote='evenheathen' pid='1212817' dateline='1499909777']
Yeah, my experience with frat rats was generally less than positive (I wasn't one of them). I'm sure you'll do better.

Oh this kid ain't gonna be no frat boy. He's a terror, for sure, but he's got charm and wit to boot even at four years old. Plus he's about the cutest damn thing you've ever seen (I admit I might be biased).

I hope I teach him better, but he'll be the dude daring the fratties to throw a punch and then teaching them all a lesson. Angel

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
12-07-2017, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2017 11:47 PM by Cosmo.)
Hey, sorry.

This just reminds me I am small.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
13-07-2017, 04:17 AM
(12-07-2017 11:44 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  This just reminds me I am small.

A beautiful video with great music. Thanks.

Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
14-07-2017, 01:50 AM
What I written is now in "Words I want to remember" thread. It's like christmas coming earlier Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.