Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
31-07-2017, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2017 09:19 PM by Vera.)
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(31-07-2017 08:02 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  That is an incredible view. Wow.

I totally admit that my friend and I took selfies at the beach in the photo above. lol
Keep in mind we had been there for 5 hours, were really tired of our children and wanted to take ridiculous pics in our floppy hats Smile

Hehe. While I refuse to take a selfie (even though I travel alone), I ain't judging all selfie takers, all the time... but when you're walking by the waterfalls for about half an hour, methinks it's time better spent appreciating the grandeur and the beauty and yes, photographing it, than spending basically every step of the way posing LUDICROUSLY.

But, to each their own. Rolleyes

And yeah, it's impressive. And here's Patagonia (there is a tiny heart-shaped island in this river... Only, from where I was standing... it looked like a... butt. Even nature is mocking me - I've been mooned by a island Weeping )

[Image: 11066546_833590346734570_655372814833575876_n.jpg]

[Image: 11078219_814001145360157_4217411117086561126_n.jpg]

(And yeah, I'm aware of the irony of posting a pic of myself while mocking selfies, but a) this is the best pic I have of this location and b) this is by no means the best pic I have of me, so. Or the best me I have of me, really Rolleyes )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
31-07-2017, 09:21 PM
I did a good thing today. I found a dog wandering around, brought it back home, got Defacto to call the council, housed Mystery Doggo with a friendly neighbor, and the council got put defacto in contact with Doggo Owner, who came and collected his lost bud.

A gorgeous old male black Lab named Johnson.

I feel good.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
31-07-2017, 09:30 PM
(31-07-2017 09:12 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(31-07-2017 08:02 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  That is an incredible view. Wow.

I totally admit that my friend and I took selfies at the beach in the photo above. lol
Keep in mind we had been there for 5 hours, were really tired of our children and wanted to take ridiculous pics in our floppy hats Smile

Hehe. While I refuse to take a selfie (even though I travel alone), I ain't judging all selfie takers, all the time... but when you're walking by the waterfalls for about half an hour, methinks it's time better spent appreciating the grandeur and the beauty and yes, photographing it, than spending basically every step of the way posing LUDICROUSLY.

But, to each their own. Rolleyes

And yeah, it's impressive. And here's Patagonia (there is a tiny heart-shaped island in this river... Only, from where I was standing... it looked like a... butt. Even nature is mocking me - I've been mooned by a island Weeping )

[Image: 11066546_833590346734570_655372814833575876_n.jpg]

[Image: 11078219_814001145360157_4217411117086561126_n.jpg]

(And yeah, I'm aware of the irony of posting a pic of myself while mocking selfies, but a) this is the best pic I have of this location and b) this is by no means the best pic I have of me, so. Or the best me I have of me, really Rolleyes )

It ain't a "selfy", sweetcheeks. Heart You worry too much about your appearance. You look fine, to me. Thumbsup

ETA- unless you have really long feet that held the camera, in which case I withdraw my Heart Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
31-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Beautiful, Vera! Smile

You are very lucky to have been 'mooned' by such glorious nature Smile

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
31-07-2017, 09:51 PM
(31-07-2017 09:30 PM)Fireball Wrote:  It ain't a "selfy", sweetcheeks.

What cheek! Dodgy Big Grin

My sister used to make fun of my cheeks when we were kids. She also said my big toe looked like a meatball. Ain't commenting on the cheeks, but I'll have you all know my toes are exactly the right size toes should be, namely - the second one smaller than the big one. Meatballs my ass. Or toes, as it were.

Quote:You worry too much about your appearance. You look fine, to me.
Before I went to Portugal and later to Brazil (where people give you kisses and hugs when you meet, and I like it!), I didn't like people touching me because part of me was afraid if they got too close they would be repulsed by me.

True story. Yes

Now, in my more lucid moments I do realise there's probably a touch of body dysmorphic disorder among the myriad of mental afflictions that... well, afflict me, so I don't give it much thought these days...

Mirrors and pictures of meself that catch me off-guard are still not good for the old ticker, though [Image: shock.gif]

Quote:ETA- unless you have really long feet that held the camera, in which case I withdraw my

Laugh out load

A friend "accused" me (she was kidding) that I was holding a loooong selfie stick in my right hand and the camera in my left one was just for appearances. I'll have you both know I'm left-handed and my feet (*and* toes) are perfectly normally sized!

Shadow - definitely beats being mooned by the pinnacle of creation ;-)

Patagonia is a gorgeous place; I should go back and see more of it one day.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
01-08-2017, 12:31 PM
"Mirrors and pictures of myself that catch me off-guard are still not good for the old ticker, though"

A few months ago I spotted a picture on our swing dance website and momentarily asked myself "who is that fat gray-haired old lady my husband is dancing with?"

Followed very shortly thereafter by, "Damn. When did that happen?"

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
04-08-2017, 08:50 PM
Glad it's Friday and so glad to be enjoying work again. Big Grin

06-08-2017, 07:25 AM
I want this as my ringtone!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
07-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Went to this new store around here called Mega Bev. Has over 10,000 beverages. Anything from bottled water to hard liquor worth hundreds of dollars.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
11-08-2017, 04:22 PM

Thumbsup

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post